Half backs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaNnY jOnEs

Half backs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

before Lam came back we were playing O'Loughlin at stand off and he was our far best player now he's switched to the centres and he isnt an attacking threat anymore. Solution send orr back to cas on loan insted of Luke and get O'Loughlin back at stand off ans robert is most definatly your mothers brother.
if you hate St.Helens clap your hands!
ian.birchall

Re: Half backs

Post by ian.birchall »

Why don't we go for broke and play Robinson and Brown together to see if they can work as a pairing, nobody else seems to, Orr is a good defensive half back but we want attacking class. :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
*!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Well Smart!!!*

Post by *!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Well Smart!!!* »

danny orr has done nthing jus need to get rid of him danny jones do you go 2 eddies???
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I asked him that a while ago and i think he said no, hes left school, not that im stalking him...only messin danny :P
I used to go there and me sis goes now.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

danny orr isn't that bad we should sell him or drop him to the first team bench he plays ok. i admit he hasn't done the miracles people thought he would but you have got to understand this is all new to him. good players around him, well supported cup final games, top class stadium, give the lad some time and he will come good he is only young and is the future of the club.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It's just a question of how long do you bare with him? He's had 1/3 of the Super League season and a Challenge Cup run and he's been less than average really. You can't wait a whole season on one player to fit in because it would be one season wasted.

I don't expect miracles, got plenty of bread and fishes already, but I would like to see consistent play making, which I don't.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Id rather wait a whole season for him to start playing well than get rid of him at the end, see him go to saints or bradford and score and set up tries over and over again for the next 10 years. We're looking at a guy that can spend that long with us if he wants to, and if we give him the time to improve I don't think we'll look back...Briscoe, Briscoe, Briscoe.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Id rather wait a whole season for him to start playing well than get rid of him at the end, see him go to saints or bradford and score and set up tries over and over again for the next 10 years. We're looking at a guy that can spend that long with us if he wants to, and if we give him the time to improve I don't think we'll look back...Briscoe, Briscoe, Briscoe.
If he starts to play well at the end of the season we won't need get rid of him.

If a player takes longer than a season you can't make excuses the player just wouldn't fit in our squad!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Not if he took over a year to settle in, I wouldn't want a player like that but what I'm saying is it's not been a year, he has had a lot of pressure on him, and did expect to come into a fully fit team and play alongside experienced class, which didn't happen and he ended up being team leader for a while too. He's still very young yet.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

The related news story about Stacey Jones says a lot doesn't it...

...Jones was unhappy, weighed down by the criticism of his play and the pressure to perform.

"It was the first time the club had come out and said there was a problem with Stacey," McGahan said.

"He is feeling the pressure and finding it hard to deal with issues."

So the New Zealand Warriors admit there is a problem with Stacey Jones. NZW Chief Exec. said he is weighed down with pressure to perform well, which means joining a new club with new players will heap more pressure onto him. This guy sounds like he has too much baggage!

He is the club's highest paid player.

Like we don't have a problem with the salary cap already!

In contrast to the bad points I highlighted the report says his loss would be a huge blow the NZW as he's their best player in the past ten years and has exemplary conduct. Even still, if he came, it would be bye, bye Lukey!