ex-player video ref!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

ex-player video ref!

Post by the grinch »

i thought it was a joke at first but no its true the video ref for the final used to play for stains.how the hell can he be impartial when he is an ex player. lets have graham west next time we play them and if he dissalowes 3 of there try's see if anyone mentions it.next weekend man utd and millwall play at the same venue just supposing the ref dissalows 3 goals for man utd and millwall win the game then you find out the ref is an ex millwall player! there would be a riot! why is there always contraversy surrounding stains.cunningham taking drugs,long and gleeson betting scandal,last year salary cap,i could go on for ages.ultimately the rfl are to blame. rant over thanks! what was all that nonsense about cant take bottles of pop into the ground but you can buy them in there?
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Alex the Warrior

Re: ex-player video ref!

Post by Alex the Warrior »

It gets worse. I already knew that the two most used video refs were the refs we most hated when I first started going 20 years ago. What age must they be now?

This may be old news to some of you, but Sean Long's dad is in court on 1st July charged with the supply of banned sports supplements. Sean comes from good honest stock obviously.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Paul Howard

Post by Paul Howard »

how the hell could he be allowed to video ref this game when he used to play for stains? not rocket science really is it. especially when you look at the craig smith "knock on" when kev brown was away. think the RFL need to think on a little bit.
skorpion

Post by skorpion »

This was highlighted on Wish FM on Friday. They got hold of Stuart Cummings, who said the appointments are issued by post code. Now that campbell lives in Widnes he can officiate at saints matches.He also mentioned that he is originally from whitehaven, and when he moved to widnes he could ref whitehaven matches but not widnes. Lets hope connolly doesn't move. :eusa17:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

skorpion posted:
This was highlighted on Wish FM on Friday. They got hold of Stuart Cummings, who said the appointments are issued by post code. Now that campbell lives in Widnes he can officiate at saints matches.He also mentioned that he is originally from whitehaven, and when he moved to widnes he could ref whitehaven matches but not widnes. Lets hope connolly doesn't move. :eusa17:
Bloody hell, that makes me a Salford fan!
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

You think you've got a problem. I live in Liverpool!!
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Warriors_ace_17

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

Paul Howard posted:
the craig smith "knock on" when kev brown was away. think the RFL need to think on a little bit.
be fair, if it was the other way round you would be screaming 'Knock on'.
Anyway if a ref comes from say Bradford, he cant ref the game involing bradford BUT yet if he played for bradford therefore more loyalities, then he can ref a game between bradford and who ever. Point is how can you say just becuase you come from that town you cnat ref a game there but you can if you played for that team. What an absolute joke, typical rfl
2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

this is the real problem at the moment stains have two team members under investigation for match fixing. both these players took part in the game and ultimately won thew game for stains.now it turns out the video ref is an ex-player of thers.now even if the game wasn't fixed it appears to be fixed.especialy when the ex-player cancels three try's for wigan all 50-50 decisions. the law of averages says one should have been awarded.but hey what the hell as long as the postcodes are ok! :sly:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

especialy when the ex-player cancels three try's for wigan all 50-50 decisions.
What about doubt going to the attacking team? Didn't see that happening
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
skorpion

Post by skorpion »

i'm really mixed up. Born in stains land, it took 3 months to crawl over billinge lump, now have a warrington post code.Whom am i allowed to watch mr. cummings. :eusa9: