Re: Richards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

chrisJJ posted:
everyone's going on about this full length try all he had to do was put his head down and run. And he only had Iestyn Harris running after him
Yes spot on.

after all he only intersepted a pass that would have seen the Bulls score. then leave them for dead. Then leave Harris for dead.

His own fault for being quicker in his head than most.
El Guerrero

Post by El Guerrero »

chrisJJ posted:
everyone's going on about this full length try all he had to do was put his head down and run. And he only had Iestyn Harris running after him
I feel Richards is being unfairly crticised for what was his best game for a while. He positioned himself correctly to get the interception in the first place. If that had been Calderwood everyone would have been applauding what an excellent try it was and how fast he ran the length of the field. Come on give the lad some credit!
To boldly go....where no Super League team has gone before... Wembley 2007
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

El Guerrero posted:
I feel Richards is being unfairly crticised for what was his best game for a while. He positioned himself correctly to get the interception in the first place. If that had been Calderwood everyone would have been applauding what an excellent try it was and how fast he ran the length of the field. Come on give the lad some credit!
No one is criticising Richards, he did have is best game in a while for Wigan and he is a quality winger, saying that he is not the fastest player it not a criticisum but an observation.

Speed is natural because it's all to do with the type of fibres in the muscles, in rugby it's fitness that it the key to a good player, some players are quick over 20 meters but don't have the fitness to go 100 meters.

After looking at the way that Richard runs I would say that he has done alot of work perhaps with a sprint coach because his stride is very long and he paces himself well.
El Guerrero

Post by El Guerrero »

adrenalinxx posted:
El Guerrero posted:
No one is criticising Richards, he did have is best game in a while for Wigan and he is a quality winger, saying that he is not the fastest player it not a criticisum but an observation.
Splitting hairs I think. You may not be criticising Richards but I have read countless posts on here doing just that. He has been slagged off on many occasions.
To boldly go....where no Super League team has gone before... Wembley 2007
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

cpwigan posted:
He had an excellent game.
Watched the game again today and he certainly did. He worked very hard and Nobby praised his attitude when he was in the reserves.

It was claimed recently on here that he wants to stay and I can see enough in his game to keep him. If we were going to lose another 3/4 it would have to be Vaealiki
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Alex the Warrior posted:
cpwigan posted:
He had an excellent game.
Watched the game again today and he certainly did. He worked very hard and Nobby praised his attitude when he was in the reserves.

It was claimed recently on here that he wants to stay and I can see enough in his game to keep him. If we were going to lose another 3/4 it would have to be Vaealiki
who said he wanted to stay?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Wigan Evening Post had an article a few weeks ago saying that Vaealiki and Richards were stay at Wigan, I think it had quotes from the players themselves.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

thank god, id love it if richards stays and if vaealiki continues to improve his game then i wouldnt be quick to let him go either.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I'd keep Richards, he is a good strong winger, his defence is improving, and as others have pointed out, he covered well when Ashton was ocasionally out of position in the full back role. Dallas is on his way home and Richards already knows the way Wigan play so I say keep him
DV can go for me, he has shown some slight improvement, but not enough, get rid and get some decent centres.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

exile in Tiger country posted:
I'd keep Richards, he is a good strong winger, his defence is improving, and as others have pointed out, he covered well when Ashton was ocasionally out of position in the full back role. Dallas is on his way home and Richards already knows the way Wigan play so I say keep him
DV can go for me, he has shown some slight improvement, but not enough, get rid and get some decent centres.
I would happily be at the aiport to put Vialeki on the plane! His contract at Wigan is 140k a season, yet he is not worth 14k a season! Time to put him out to pasture! Besides, i am confident that both Vialeki and Tickle will be at Warrington next season!