Who do you want Wigan to sign?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Who do you want Wigan ...

Post by GeoffN »

Likely_Lad posted:
mrs_carney posted:
jayde_hates_lon gy posted:
:) i want us 2 sign martin gleeson and keith senior
WHY would you wish that on us??
He's only the best British centre we've produced in the Super League era...
He was, once. He'll be 31 by next season, too old IMO.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Yeaman of Hull, and that young black centre who plays like a young Ellery Hanley that Wakey signed from t'Bulls would give us earth shattering possibilities in the middle of the field.Oh yes and Luke McAllister from the All Blacks as our standoff when Barrett goes, but that will have to wait until after the rah rahs 2007 World Cup.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
BUZZ337

Post by BUZZ337 »

Martin Gleeson, Danny Sculthorpe ,Paul Deacon.

Get shot of Tickle and DV.

Tickle lost my respect with the comments he made about giving a fan a slap whilst getting shedded in the boozer.GET HIM OUT!

COME ON WIGAN!
michael inch stoke

Re: Who do you want Wigan to s...

Post by michael inch stoke »

Dobson should be the number one priority. I,d also like to see danny sculthorpe back & a promising young utility back like karl pryce
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Likely_Lad posted:
mrs_carney posted:
jayde_hates_lon gy posted:
:) i want us 2 sign martin gleeson and keith senior
WHY would you wish that on us??
He's only the best British centre we've produced in the Super League era...
That just about says it! He's past his best i'd rather have players who will grow with the club not grow old with the club. There are plenty of young centres about, two at wigan, yeaman, gleesons youngish....be stupid to let them go to waste to aid someones retirement! IMO
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

wgnwrs posted:
ian.birchall posted:
Yeaman of Hull, and that young black centre who plays like a young Ellery Hanley that Wakey signed from t'Bulls would give us earth shattering possibilities in the middle of the field.
You mean Ryan Atkins?
Yes, his name came to me as if in a dream last night. :lol:
A long shot but one which might pay off and he should not cost us much in the meantime.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

mrs_carney posted:
That just about says it! He's past his best i'd rather have players who will grow with the club not grow old with the club. There are plenty of young centres about, two at wigan, yeaman, gleesons youngish....be stupid to let them go to waste to aid someones retirement! IMO
Welcome back MrsC. I thought you had deserted us like MrsLam has. I hope that you have not been in OZ trying to persuade your man to come back to us.

mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

ian.birchall posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Welcome back MrsC. I thought you had deserted us like MrsLam has. I hope that you have not been in OZ trying to persuade your man to come back to us.
Wouldnt give you the pleasure of having something to complain about :wink: I've been around, just quiet!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jimmybob2006

Re: Who do you want Wigan to s...

Post by jimmybob2006 »

Would welcome any player that the messiah wants he has earned our respect since he arrived.
Nobody knows what is in the messiah mind for players that he wants, and where he wants them to play. We can have all our wish list, leave it to the Great Escape Artist :lol:
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

The players we know who are leaving / retiring are:

Dallas, Logan, Dobson, Godwin, Radlinski

amongst those rumoured to be leaving are:

Sculthorpe, Tickle, Vaealiki, Melling, Wilkes

I'd love to see Dobson retained somehow, but unfortunately that looks a non-starter. Also, Maurice was quoted in this weeks Observer as saying there's an agreement in place for Sculthorpe to move to Cas if they remain in Super League.

Possible signings that would interest me are:

Martin Gleeson (Wigan born, will give 100%)
Ryan Atkins (thought he looked very lively when he played for Wakey at JJB recently)
Kirk Yeaman and
Chris Beattie & Justin Murphy (certainly knows where the tryline is) from Les Cats.

Yeah, I know we probably can't have them all due to the overseas quota. We certainly need to replace Dobson though, Leulaui doesn't really interest me as all I can think of is a possible deja vu of Moran.

A must though is to get Ashton signed up on a long term contract, no more mistakes of letting talented youngsters leave the club.