Wigan v Stains

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Sharpy_4a

Re: Wigan v Stains

Post by Sharpy_4a »

Well what a turn around from last week. I was probably the most critical person on this board. However i was speaking to a warriors fan at the warrington game and she was dreading scum this week. But like i said to her playing scum isnt worrying for me playing the warringtons of this world (no disrespect) is where we are more likly to lose. However back to the game last night.

Brilliant from 1-17 even danny orr played well. He showed what kind of short kicks he can put in and think he got us three repeat sets. Do that every week and i'll be a happy warrior.

I asked last week for the boys to prove me wrong about heart in a wigan shirt and im not to big to admit when im wrong last night they showed the desire to win and you could see the pride in the shirt Craig Smith bossed there pack all night. Just a shame Hooper never gets pinged for being late because he is pretty much everytime on every player in the league.

Also good on stephen wild for telling that cheating toe rag what he thinks about his betting antics

Has anyone else noticed how martin gleeson does the same thing as cheat does, cheat grows his hair, clone grows his hair, cheat puts on a bet, clone puts on a bet and last week against bradford cheat took off that head band and clone took of his head band. They must be special little freinds :wink:
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I was far more impressed last night than I have been for quite a while. Everyone pulled together despite probably having a crisis of confidence after the loos against the Wires.
Even though I am not Faz's no. 1 fan, I thought he had a good game, Dallas again played very well as he has all season really and Sculthorpe was good also (but I thought he was going to hammer a few of the Scum players).
As for Sean Long, even his magical hairband couldn't inspire him to score more or create tries... he didn't bet on a Wigan win did he?????????
scrummyck

Post by scrummyck »

Same again every week please! What a performance, our attack wasn't flat and boring anymore, it changed direction more than an annoyed wasp. Great stuff!. Who picks man of the match at sky, sure Lammy was great in defence and at time in attack but his kicking is still not there yet. You could have picked any of our forwards tonight they were the platform. Faz, what can i say, who will ever replace him at the JJB, NOBODY!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Ellie from the Block! posted:
Even though I am not Faz's no. 1 fan, I thought he had a good game
I don't know how a Wigan fan can not be a big fan of Faz. He holds the team together, without him we often look lost, we almost immediately conceeded two tries when he left the field last night. He shapes the team up, shows more enthusiasm to win than anyone and never really has a bad game.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Nah rob, we owe each other a pack of crisps so it evens out now. She thought o'loughlin would get it.
Anyway dont you still owe me for that leeds match a few week ago?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Only a half MrsLam
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Does anyone know whether you can get a copy of the game ? from jjb or something?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

WiganWarrior posted:
Does anyone know whether you can get a copy of the game ? from jjb or something?
Maybe Smiths in a few months, or more quickly you could try Micron Video www.micronvideo.co.uk 01942 321919.

In an ideal world you'd be able to buy such things from the JJB, but since Micron isn't owned by Dave Whelan it's not possible...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I don't know how a Wigan fan can not be a big fan of Faz. He holds the team together...
No please don't start that debate again. Got a bit heated on here last year, oh the memories of johnm and aj :( They weren't his biggest fans either whereas there were some who were very quick to jump down their throats. It's only an opinion, I was even saying to you today rob that am not always convinced with him however that was mainly about last season which has been an gone. I've been very impressed with him this year, think he's really made a difference in every match, won or lost.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!