Worst Wigan Signing?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

Re: Worst Wigan Signing?

Post by gillysmyhero »

What about Big Frank's signing of that barn storming kiwi prop Brady Mallam, who was so called going to be one of the best ball distributors and explosive runners we had ever seen.We didnt see anything like that.He was 5ft 5" and 10st wet through.I had never heard of him before he came to wigan and have not heard of since he left.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

ChrisA posted:
Ian Sherrat, he played one friendly against Saints at CP on boxing day.

Paul Koloi, Brady Malam, Doc Murray, Ian Sherrat, Mark Reber, Jamie Ainscough, Dave V.

I will have a think on it some more
Saw a topic on RLFans about Paul Koloi but who was he and when did he play for Wigan plus what made him such a bad signing?
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

adrenalinxx posted:
ChrisA posted:

Paul Koloi, Brady Malam, Doc Murray, Ian Sherrat, Mark Reber, Jamie Ainscough, Dave V.

Saw a topic on RLFans about Paul Koloi but who was he and when did he play for Wigan plus what made him such a bad signing?
Paul Koloi was a tall rangey centre/winger, he was Tongan or Samoan I think. He wasn't much cop at all, I believe Maurice signed him after seeing him play in a 7's tournament, though I may be wrong. He didn't last long, barely a season if my memory serves me right.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ChrisA posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
ChrisA posted:

Paul Koloi was a tall rangey centre/winger, he was Tongan or Samoan I think. He wasn't much cop at all, I believe Maurice signed him after seeing him play in a 7's tournament, though I may be wrong. He didn't last long, barely a season if my memory serves me right.
Tongan, I think. round about 1997, but he only played a handful of games, maybe 5 or 6.

He was pretty bad, but Murray was worse!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Koloi was the Jack Robinson era. Supposedly a new Kevin Iro but he was big and useless. Doc Murray was the best though, speed of a prop, brain of a fly.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I remember Murray showing Sullivan the outside thinking he would run him down, so Sullivan took it, with ease. I was like :o, you don't give Sully that sorta space son.
andy147

Post by andy147 »

luke davico
pedro

Post by pedro »

Tatupu also...we signed 4-5 bad, bad players at once. It was a bad season!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

How many bad players have we signed this year?

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Wigan Watcher posted:
How many bad players have we signed this year?
To soon to tell, right now! Give them a chance!