phil bailey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jollygiant

phil bailey

Post by jollygiant »

1st post i know,but i have been reading the forum for ages,i will probably get slated,but phil bailey is not coming to wigan,he will go to the gold coast,this is a done deal which will see brian carney coming home.
Fraggle

Re: phil bailey

Post by Fraggle »

jollygiant posted:
1st post i know,but i have been reading the forum for ages,i will probably get slated,but phil bailey is not coming to wigan,he will go to the gold coast,this is a done deal which will see brian carney coming home.
You only get slated if you post some speculation without providing any kind of detail about where you heard this story...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jollygiant

Post by jollygiant »

all i can say is that it is true,it will be announced soon enough.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jollygiant posted:
all i can say is that it is true,it will be announced soon enough.
That's fine, but in the meantime please don't be too upset if some of us choose not to believe you. I've read too many things that were apparently going to be announced soon and never were to take any real notice until announcements are made by the club.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

i hope it isnt true!!phil bailey could be quality,spoke to a mate in new zealand n he says he was one of the biggest hitters in the nrl!!!Carney on the other hand is past his best in my opinion!!
Wigan til i die!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Woodentop07 posted:
i hope it isnt true!!phil bailey could be quality,spoke to a mate in new zealand n he says he was one of the biggest hitters in the nrl!!!Carney on the other hand is past his best in my opinion!!
Some would say he was past his best long before he left Wigan. His last season in particular was pretty much a waste of time, and whilst he's apparently had a great year this year, there's no guarantee that would continue next year.

[hr]
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

totally agree.the last season where carney was in form was when we last made the grand final, since then his form was very poor for us.also he would probably be on a big salary.....this money could be better spent elsewhere in the team!!
Wigan til i die!!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

jollygiant posted:
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry there is no truth what so ever in what you have said. Bailey has made plans and will be here sometime after Christmas. I cannot find out exactly when. A property for him has not been allocated for him as yet but this will be I have been told before he arrives.

Sorry for blowing your first story. :blush:

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

If you are reading, Wigan Watcher. Have you heard any more on the Hape rumour?

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

No sorry I have asked a number of times but all I get is a big fat blank,I have asked, just tell me he is not coming. But it will not be confirmed either way.

Just asked again about him and the best I can get is Wigan 100% want him but a number of situation are blocking the move at the moment, a shuffle around would be needed before he could come. I asked does he want to come? After going all around the houses I was told he would love to pull the cherry and white on with the biggest bonus being back with Noble! It seems the money aspect has been agreed in principal. I also asked does it look like it will be sorted out the answer being who knows!