should win

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

Re: should win

Post by the grinch »

plimsole and glue!it is a bit of bannter whith black cat im not expecting any stains fans to be there. wigan play stains on good friday and to me that is a bigger game than the tie against warry.if warrington play like they did against whitehaven wigan will win even in our bad form!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

to be fair grinch.. i probably had the MOST trouble getting to a game vs wolves last year.. more os than against bradford, or leeds.. ( didn`t make the saints game.. AND i`m working this friday.. so this whole easter things sucks eggs.. literally! LOL) & they sang there hearts out for 80..plus 3 mins... LOL

wolves always travel well... i`m still to experience a wigan saints derby. but the wigan/wire game.. was the best i have been to.. in my short time here..

still think well win mind u!! LOL
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

wolf if youv'e not been to a game against stains then your in for a treat there is more atmosphere in that one game than any other all season! every wigan fan sings there hearts out.its got to be one of the biggest derbys in the game. the rivalry goes back to when the game first started all wigan fans are brought up to dislike stains and vise versa.if you only get to one game in the entire season make sure its this one.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

yeah... i am gonna be at the jjb encounter this time around.. i couldn`t make last years epic cos of work.. & this year is the same.. we seem to work good friday down her more so??
& i missed the play off cos i was in the U.S. i will be at the saints game this year.. for sure..

primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

the grinch posted:
all wigan fans are brought up to dislike stains and vise versa.
...That suits us, just go on thinking the Stains are you biggest rivals and centre all your efforts on beating them. Little do you know that the most sucessful club against Wigan are Warrington. We've whipped you more than any other club, the Stains don't even come close to our our record against you. they'll be another 2 defeats for you to add to that tally by the end of next week :badg:
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Well primrose, I hope you managed to watch our game before seeing your mighty wires crash at home to the might of Widnes :lol:

We're back on form and played more good rugby in 80 minutes than in the rest of the season put together.

When i was a mere youngster, I can remember suffering a good number of defeats to Warrington (in the days when you used to smash up the town centre for us!!), but I fail to see the relevence of that now. If you go back far enough, i'm sure you'll see defeats to the likes of Batley and Swinton too. Let's just stick to the last 20 years should we?
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)