McIlorum To Salford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cherrywarrior

Re: McIlorum To Salford

Post by cherrywarrior »

They can have Riddell and Fielden if they want!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
Jake

Post by Jake »

MrDave wrote: Heard today that he has been given the option to leave Wigan as the club are after another hooker for 2010 limiting McIlorums chances.

Salford want him to eventually replace Malcolm Alker who is getting on in years. Leeds and Hull KR also apparently keeping a close eye on young Mike.

I seriously hope that this isn't true but with Noble in charge it would not be a huge surprise.
This looks very bad indeed,are we building a team for the future or are we recruiting for the rest of super league I can see why there may be a link to young Myler, do we need him? I think not McIlorum is running into good form now Riddel is going backwards I will be absolutely gutted if this takes place, we need to keep faith in our young players its our success in the future
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I have in the past criticised MM, and after the first few games of the season i still did not consider him more than average.He has proved me wrong and come on in leaps and bounds since then so i hope this is untrue
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

OAMJS wrote:
That young lad plays his heart out for this club
and he's a Yorkshireman... some others should take note.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Don't get all uptight folks, it's called the RUMOUR MILL.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
turf

Post by turf »

Yes but knowing the spanner of a coach we have it will probably be a tryue romour!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

Who would decide this? Noble is not guaranteed to be coach next year.

McIlorum needs to improve his passing as to many are forward/delayed for to long but everything else is there, he has the ability to deceive markers with a good dummy and runs hard into the tackle. He is a strong tackler to.
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
Lil Feka's Dad

Post by Lil Feka's Dad »

ancientnloyal wrote:
Actually, he's an Irishman.

So many are calling for a clearout of the foreigners, and for more English players to be given a chance in a Wigan shirt, I'm surprised this is not a more popular rumour!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Lil Feka's Dad wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:
Actually, he's an Irishman.

So many are calling for a clearout of the foreigners, and for more English players to be given a chance in a Wigan shirt, I'm surprised this is not a more popular rumour!
I don't think it's just based on nationality, but on the relative merits of individual players (including how much they're paid). For example, the top of most people's "unwanted" list is Fielden.

I don't want to get rid of Riddell, for example, just because he's an Aussie, but because he's rubbish. It just so happens that many of our overseas players at present aren't performing, while our home-grown players are not getting picked, despite being better.
brookie123

Post by brookie123 »

In my humble opinion from what I've seen of this guy (ok not a lot from Norridge)he seems to show some commitment and enthusiasm, Riddell just appears to go through the motions (albeit slowly) and just doesn't seem to add anything to the side,re go forward. I posted backend of last season about what was happening at Wigan and young talent going elsewhere, just hope this isn't another example of that.