Cunningham joke?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Cunningham joke?

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

i thought KFC was injured for a good while?

have i missed something?
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

ian b

Post by ian b »

same old stains,above the law.To fracture a persons eye socket and get away with it beggars belief.I think even their two biggest fans Eddie and Stevo said he should have been penalised when the game was live but like someone has said fatty plays for saints :roll: .
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

i think we should send a petition to the RFL

stating is it one law for stains and one for everyone else

( he is probably on the magic soup )
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

ian b

Post by ian b »

OAMJS wrote:i think we should send a petition to the RFL

stating is it one law for stains and one for everyone else

( he is probably on the magic soup )
show me where to sign mate!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

turf wrote:It was an act of plain thuggery that the RFL have again ignored.
spot on young man
bikerharry

Post by bikerharry »

Don't know why we are all shocked. Consistency in these matters has been absent for a long time now. Newton makes a bad challenge on the pitch,and there is no denying it was bad, and he gets a stupidly long ban, but Pryce beats the crap out of a guy off the pitch and is allowed to carry on playing. Same with Bird, the guy puts his girlfriend in hospital, but again is ok to play? The punch from Cunningham was deliberate, so to say the contact with his eye was unintentional is crazy.
Poster

Post by Poster »

what are the options open to Wakefield in this:

could they appeal the decision ?

could the injured person sue for assault as it was intentional ? a bit extereme but it has happened in the other game
could they claim for compensation due to loss of the player for some weeks?

I suspect they will not challenge at all
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Week in week out it happens. Look at pryce, headhigh and swining one side, I think it was wilkins the other. The player was ducking so it was ok, umpteen chargable offences and what do we have. One £300 fine and no player suspended from Stains in two seasons. Others are handed bans for trivial by comparison actions,
Time to get real RL is as big a fix as Wrestling,
Jim
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

I remember a few years ago RU players being charged for GBH for onfield incidents. Maybe if the player complains to police the fatman could be charged. The sickening part is it was a cowardly attack. Mason/ Fielden were facing eachother. Fatman should have had 4 match ban but stains again are protected spicies,
Jim
BriH

Post by BriH »

Everything has been said on this Post that I was bursting to say when I found out this ruling regarding Cunningham.
Fair play to Stevo on last weeks 'Boots 'n All". He said that Leon "The Thug" Pryce caused the injury in the previous match because Pryce 'fell' on his face with his forearm. And he said the RFL Disciplinary were wrong.
During the Staints vs Wack game both of them showed, on 'tele, the short right hook thrown by Piggy Cunningham. Clear has daylight. And, as any boxer will tell you, that's all it takes.
Then I read that two players could be banned!
What a joke.
I too will be writing to the RFL (Richard Lewis) and emailing Boots 'n All.
Both of these players could cite Pryce and Cunningham for Actual or Grievious Bodily Harm.
If the RFL don't take action that's what will happen.