An old fashioned ball playing loose forward!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: An old fashioned ball playing loose forward!!!!!

Post by cpwigan »

Yes, Lockers went to 6
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Can't complain - I noticed last night he was playing a blinder but it's all discrete and doesn't stand out unless your looking for it.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Lockers IMO has always been an all round players and an outstanding one. For far too long, many people have seen him as just a workhorse, even a second rower. Watch the game closely and the number of times he is creative and playmaking is akin to an old style LF and fans do him a disservice when they just label him great defensively.

Class act!!!
Here Here. :eusa2:
Theres not many on this site are prepared to say that CP.
Lockers is the best no 13 in SL by a country mile, and maybe people will now start realising it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I told Andy Farrell when I was with both him & Sean, Sean was 18 at the time, that he would lose his captaincy to Sean in a few years time, and that Sean would become a great player for Wigan.:) :)
(Although didn't predict that Faz would take the coin from Union) :blush:

For years I have been castigated about Sean???

At the world cup final a few years ago, I was talking with Sean, I told him that with Joel & Sam Tompkins, we have a new captain in the making, Sam, and two fantastic prospects in the two brothers, who like you, will become world class players for Wigan & GB :) :)

Wish I could predict the bloody 6 lottery numbers :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Last night watching him play I thought Lockers or Sinfield for England. Only one choice Lockers

and

Man of Steel - Lockers represents everything it should be about.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

cpwigan wrote:Last night watching him play I thought Lockers or Sinfield for England. Only one choice Lockers

and

Man of Steel - Lockers represents everything it should be about.
Sinfield just isnt an international loose forward in my opinion. He has never performed well for England/GB there.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I wonder if Sinfield should play hooker for England with Lockers at loose forward
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

cpwigan wrote:I wonder if Sinfield should play hooker for England with Lockers at loose forward
It is definately a good option going by the last 4 Nations. Sinfield looked a much better hooker than loose forward and is our best option there. Hooker is a position England are really struggling in at the moment, in my opinion of course, and Sinfield filled it really well. Other than Sinfield I really dont see who else can play there. Roby was very poor in that series and is useless without a quick play the ball, which you dont get in internationals. I dont think there are any other hookers even worth a mention.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

cpwigan wrote:I wonder if Sinfield should play hooker for England with Lockers at loose forward
Thats how i would go and maybe have Shaun Lunt coming off the bench.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Well said Josie! I think Lockers is becoming a very mature player and really benefitting under the coaching regime.