Gleeson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Gleeson

Post by josie andrews »

On the Sky Sports report, it says he was dropped to the reserves last season??? Did I miss him or what? Cos I don't remember watching him in any reserve games :conf:
"Gleeson, who was dropped to Wigan's reserves last season as a disciplinary measure"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 75,00.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OJ

Post by OJ »

josie andrews wrote:On the Sky Sports report, it says he was dropped to the reserves last season??? Did I miss him or what? Cos I don't remember watching him in any reserve games :conf:
"Gleeson, who was dropped to Wigan's reserves last season as a disciplinary measure"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 75,00.html
Is this the one Josie? http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/ma ... in-gleeson
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thank you Cherry, I thought I hadn't seen him play at home.

But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
OJ

Post by OJ »

Well we all figured it was coming but it doesn't stop me feeling sorry that it has. I thought he played well for us particularly towards the back end of last season and in the grand final he was just totally focused. Hope he can sort out his problems and have a good life. Great shame and I wish him all the best.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Gleeson sadly is a case of what might have been. IMO he was at his best terrorising Willie Tonga in the Tri nations or whatever it was called then in about 2003 IIRC.

For all his impressive efforts he could have been even better and he never reached those heights ever again.

He was quality at times for Wigan although let himself down and the club badly pre Leeds and v Leeds. His fitness levels in 2011 were very poor compared to the other backs in the squad and his attitude towards the WCC was quite frankly disgusting. I believe Madge regretted ever being persuaded to select him for the WCC.

Off the field, the mess Gleeson has got himself into, the type of people he has crossed you live in fear for the rest of your days and I mean genuine fear.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

That's why I missed it. Was rushed into hospital the morning of the Giants away game 16th May with bi lateral pneumonia & missed the Crusaders game the following week as well.
Lost money on both counts tickets & travel :(

the winky one

Post by the winky one »

So sorry to hear this, Martin please take time out,re-focus
and come back stronger.Best wishes whatever happens. Let's not judge him because he and Wigan are the only people who know exactly what has gone on.
don corleone

Post by don corleone »

I would like too know how certain individuals on here think they know everything about martin and in particular martins family.You really havent got a clue mate x You need too get a life and maybe a job. :(
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

don corleone wrote:I would like too know how certain individuals on here think they know everything about martin and in particular martins family.You really havent got a clue mate x You need too get a life and maybe a job. :(
Juan Pablo's brother :wink:
don corleone

Post by don corleone »

Wrong again !!!!