If final is a draw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: If final is a draw

Post by josie andrews »

Bramall Lane Lined Up For Replay

The RFL can confirm that Bramall Lane, Sheffield, will host the Carnegie Challenge Cup final replay should the scores between Leeds Rhinos and Wigan Warriors be level after 80 minutes at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.

The replay, should it need to be played, is scheduled for Wednesday September 7 with a 7.30pm kick-off.

The Challenge Cup final has gone to a replay on only three occasions in its 113-year history: in 1910, 1954 and most recently in 1982, when Hull FC defeated Widnes 18-9 at Elland Road, Leeds, after the sides drew 14-14 at Wembley.

Tickets for the 2011 Carnegie Challenge Cup final, Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors at Wembley Stadium on Saturday August 27 (2.30) are still available and can be purchased from the RFL Ticket Office up until 9am on Saturday morning on 0844 856 1113 or by visiting www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk

Tickets will also be available on the day of the game at the West Ticket Office, Wembley Stadium from 9am on Saturday morning.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

[quote="josie andrews"]I don't believe in the golden point, as it can be the referee who decides when to give the penalty. Leeds v Cas was disgraceful.[/quote

I agree golden point should be scrapped asap. There is absolutely nothing wrong with normal extra time, I remember the Leeds v Saints semi final at Huddersfield from a few years ago being one of the best matches that I have seen.
Wes

Post by Wes »

It will not end as a draw.