If final is a draw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior1989

If final is a draw

Post by warrior1989 »

Just read on BBC Sport if final was to end a draw a replay would take place on wednesday 7th september at Bramhall Lane. Could someone please tell me why they chose Bramhall Lane ?
endoman

Re: If final is a draw

Post by endoman »

Bramall Lane is dead easy on train from both clubs, and only half a mile from my work :-)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It may be easy for Leeds as it is in Yorkshire :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

bang out of order. Madge said on Sky Sports News that he has been told 40-45 thousand Wiganers will be in London for the final so to tell half they cant go to the replay would be just wrong. lets hope we can sort it out on the day so we dont have to go through an RFL back up plan
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

I live in Sheffield so to me getting there shouldn't be a problem but it's a still an utter disgrace. The final should be decided at Wembley on the same day, imagine how exciting golden point would be for the neutral.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Can easily get 110,000 to Bradford
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

I am disgusted with this decision and emailed the RFL to tell them so. This is my first trip to Wembley as I am a late comer to the sport. I have saved up to pay for this trip and think it is terrible that if it is a draw 1. Fans are going to be expected to pay out again for tickets and travel. 2. I think the game should be decided on the day with the presentation of the cup at Wembley 3. Sheffield on a Wednesday night when people and kids have work and school next day is not good. 4 Another mid week game just before the play offs is a big ask for the lads. This is another example of the old farts at Red Hall not having a bloody clue how to run our game. Lets have a revolution and get rid of them and get someone in who knows what they are doing :angry: Rant Over :)
Brian's Girl

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I don't believe in the golden point, as it can be the referee who decides when to give the penalty. Leeds v Cas was disgraceful.

Any penalties awarded in extra time should not be allowed to kick for goal, even if it was Wigan. It should be decided by full open play & tries.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

josie andrews wrote:I don't believe in the golden point, as it can be the referee who decides when to give the penalty. Leeds v Cas was disgraceful.

Any penalties awarded in extra time should not be allowed to kick for goal, even if it was Wigan. It should be decided by full open play & tries.
Fully agree Josie as long as it is on the day tho. I know in the past football has had replays but even they decided not to carry on along that line. As far as I can see it will only be the RFL that would gain from a replay. However, I am 100% confident that we will do them in the 80 mins anyway
Brian's Girl

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Red Hot Mama wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I don't believe in the golden point, as it can be the referee who decides when to give the penalty. Leeds v Cas was disgraceful.

Fully agree Josie as long as it is on the day tho. I know in the past football has had replays but even they decided not to carry on along that line. As far as I can see it will only be the RFL that would gain from a replay. However, I am 100% confident that we will do them in the 80 mins anyway
Yes Debs, the game has to be completed on the same day.

True that the only ones who would gain from it would be the RFL & all the hangers on who we subsidise to go to these games. They won't be paying out for a single ticket
:(