Before everyone starts gobbing off.....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Salsa Caliente

Re: Before everyone starts gobbing off.....

Post by Salsa Caliente »

Bravo Kooch. Well said!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

We spent too much time trying to tire the ginger whinger out - we should have focused on hitting lomax and gaskell and made them defend - like teams have done to Deacon.

By focusing our effort on the tiring the forwards, we let the saints three quarters save their energy for attack.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

TonyH wrote:We've played 36 games on the trot or something like that. Sam Tomkins was injured in first half, Coleys knees are knackered and Pat Richards' feet are shot to sh*t we still got 80 minutes from Old Trafford. But I will say this no one better dare slag any of our boys off after tonight, Joel Is not to blame as is no one the simple answer is that Lomax Gaskell and Roby were absolutely class, Saints played the ball quicker than us, we were out on our feet and couldn't cope which led to is giving penalties away.

All I will say is that Wigan Warriors Rugby League have done us proud and how dare anyone put the blame for our loss tonight on one player, or any of our players for that matter, they are human beings and fatigue is natural and if wanna talk about it a bit more please do approach me.
Think the players are burned out Tony.It's a long hard season,and easy to pass judgement
when it's not you getting pasted week in week out.
In the past 2 years we have done better than we ever
thought possible.

Have a good rest now lads, and regroup again for next
season.Someone said to me that the uncertainty surrounding
the new coaching set-up could be affecting them,and
I wondered what everyones thoughts were about this?

Thanks for all your hard work lads :thum: :thum: We got one trophy and narrowly missed out on another.

Down but not out..
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

DaveO wrote:There should be no excuses. Too may games etc. Losing twice to Saints in the play offs is just not good enough and it is only if we think that is the case that we will do better next time. That is a very poor statistic.

Joel should have scored, no two ways about it. It is play off football and mistakes like that prove crucial.

With Wire out who are the only team we should have feared we basically blew a chance to retain the championship.

Dave you're getting on my tits.
It's alright claiming to be a pessimist on here so that you have the authority to moan whenever the need takes you. Your argument all season is ; If we lose, well it's not good enough. I imagine that you're of the older generation but Jesus man grow up.
A coach has come to Wigan, instilled theories and practices that have led us to all the major awards in British RL in two years but you still moan and bitch behind the mask of justifiable pessimism. I'll say it again GROW UP!!!!
We have won everything except a WWC under Madge's reign but you're still moaning about the details of an individuals performance just to get it off your chest and just so that, as per, you can have a damn good moan. Well I hope you feel better.

Hear this clearly: Wigan don't need fans like you!!! You're boring, obvious and above all negative every time you post.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion......and so am I!!!!!

Bring on a sentence by sentence destruction of my post, no doubt whinging all the way.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The best team won and we have to take it on the chin.

The lads need to have a good holiday and then start the hard work again.

Lest we forget three of our top forwards have not played tonight - Fielden, Hock and Mossop - I am convinced that they would have made a huge difference.

The problem that I think we face, going forward, is that we need more pace and class in the backs.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
centralparkforever

Post by centralparkforever »

DaveO wrote:There should be no excuses. Too may games etc. Losing twice to Saints in the play offs is just not good enough and it is only if we think that is the case that we will do better next time. That is a very poor statistic.

Joel should have scored, no two ways about it. It is play off football and mistakes like that prove crucial.

With Wire out who are the only team we should have feared we basically blew a chance to retain the championship.

Agree with you Dave. I pay good money to watch us home and away and what i have witnessed this last couple of months is just not good enough.
onedego

Post by onedego »

So the game was lost on the pitch tonight, we got the CC, we got the U20s GF, we got best supported club again! We all had a truckin great time, all's fine. The lads could use a rest, so could we. We got about 19 weeks to recoop, and work towards 2012.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Also it has been claimed all season that Saints have been
playing on whilst decimated by injuries, Ok, who were the
players that have been injured?. Did they play last night?
and if so,they would have been pretty fresh,wouldn't they?
since our players have been getting battered all year.

We got umpteen awards last season,the players were not
criticsed then for being bad,so why do it now because we
have missed out on a trophy?.Warrington have been brilliant
all season but have got nothing.Does that make them a bad team? of course not.
Leeds have struggled and they are in
the Final.I'm as gutted as anyone else but when you think
about it these things happen,we can't win everything.

Roll on next year! the season has gone too quickly. :roll:
BriH

Post by BriH »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:The best team won and we have to take it on the chin.

The lads need to have a good holiday and then start the hard work again.

Lest we forget three of our top forwards have not played tonight - Fielden, Hock and Mossop - I am convinced that they would have made a huge difference.

The problem that I think we face, going forward, is that we need more pace and class in the backs.
Absolutely, especially Mossop - and I'm being biased because I'm from Whitehaven.

A lot of our players seem to be carrying injuries. But, let's be positive: last season No 1 in the League, Grand Final winners etc. etc. this year Challenge Cup winners, No 2 in the League.
The only thing Warrington have won is the Hubcap!!
Roll on next year for a re-vitalised Wigan! The new Coach as only one mission: beat the nasties away and at the DW.

C'mon WIGAN!!! :D :D
cherryand white fan

Post by cherryand white fan »

Well said, but I'm gutted, I really thought we would be there next week. However I think all Wigan fans should still show up in Manchester and cheer on Leeds. I support Wigan but I also support ANY team that is playing stains.