Before everyone starts gobbing off.....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TonyH

Before everyone starts gobbing off.....

Post by TonyH »

We've played 36 games on the trot or something like that. Sam Tomkins was injured in first half, Coleys knees are knackered and Pat Richards' feet are shot to sh*t we still got 80 minutes from Old Trafford. But I will say this no one better dare slag any of our boys off after tonight, Joel Is not to blame as is no one the simple answer is that Lomax Gaskell and Roby were absolutely class, Saints played the ball quicker than us, we were out on our feet and couldn't cope which led to is giving penalties away.

All I will say is that Wigan Warriors Rugby League have done us proud and how dare anyone put the blame for our loss tonight on one player, or any of our players for that matter, they are human beings and fatigue is natural and if wanna talk about it a bit more please do approach me.
Up The Mont!
irishwarrior

Re: Before everyone starts gobbing off.....

Post by irishwarrior »

totally agree tony

having played sport to a pretty high level you have to understand that some years its not meant to be.

bring on next year
OJ

Post by OJ »

Well said Tony, absolutely right, a bridge too far. Saints and Leeds started the year off badly and have finally hit some form so we can just enjoy watching them knock seven bells out of one another now while our lads have a very well deserved rest.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

There should be no excuses. Too may games etc. Losing twice to Saints in the play offs is just not good enough and it is only if we think that is the case that we will do better next time. That is a very poor statistic.

Joel should have scored, no two ways about it. It is play off football and mistakes like that prove crucial.

With Wire out who are the only team we should have feared we basically blew a chance to retain the championship.

100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

We flew out of the traps but after 20 minutes we were blowing out of our backsides, our major fault was that we didn't take advantage when we had our foot on Saints throat, but credit to Saints (grrrr) they hung in there.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

DaveO wrote:There should be no excuses. Too may games etc. Losing twice to Saints in the play offs is just not good enough and it is only if we think that is the case that we will do better next time. That is a very poor statistic.

Joel should have scored, no two ways about it. It is play off football and mistakes like that prove crucial.

With Wire out who are the only team we should have feared we basically blew a chance to retain the championship.

Don't tell me' that H wouldn't have made that tackle on Gaskell if they were fresh. I play the game, I played today I know what long seasons are like. Gaskell and Lomax had too much spark, it was like watching Long and Pryce at their best. Watch our attack in the second half we were static and knackered.
Up The Mont!
missyme65

Post by missyme65 »

every last man on that pitch in Cherry an White tonight have done what they have done week in and week out since February, put their bodies firmly on the line.
Im gutted, but none the less proud, and would happily take to task anyone who dares slag them off.Try it for the length of games they have eh!
softy southerner finds the holy grail...
Salsa Caliente

Post by Salsa Caliente »

Gutted, but not surprised when the second half really got going.

It was a bridge too far, but I'm proud of that team for how far they've come in the last two seasons.

When Madge came we were the "Nearly Men". Two domestic finals and two trophies in two years since he came.

Thanks for giving us our pride back and good luck at Souths, Madge.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

TonyH wrote:We've played 36 games on the trot or something like that. Sam Tomkins was injured in first half, Coleys knees are knackered and Pat Richards' feet are shot to sh*t we still got 80 minutes from Old Trafford. But I will say this no one better dare slag any of our boys off after tonight, Joel Is not to blame as is no one the simple answer is that Lomax Gaskell and Roby were absolutely class, Saints played the ball quicker than us, we were out on our feet and couldn't cope which led to is giving penalties away.

All I will say is that Wigan Warriors Rugby League have done us proud and how dare anyone put the blame for our loss tonight on one player, or any of our players for that matter, they are human beings and fatigue is natural and if wanna talk about it a bit more please do approach me.
Well said Tony! I was waiting for the knockers to come out of the wood work.People who have never picked up a damned rugby ball or even set foot on a playing field.And even if they have done one of the above I don't give a damn.The boys have presented the club with the Challenge cup second in the league and lost to a good performance by the old enemy.People who look to be critical often overlook the fact that the Stains came out with a game plan and executed it rather well and our boys could not match them on the night.If those missed chances had not been missed we would have been praising the boys instead of finding fault.Some people cannot be pleased no matter the outcome so we might just as well of given up before the whistle. Thanks for the season boys some highs and some lows thats the nature of the game.
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

I am old enough to have been through the highs and terrible lows.
The last two seasons have in the main given me some of the best times for many a year,of course I am disapointed but come on League leaders and grand Final then followed by CC and still making the play off semi I understand some wanting more and so do we all but lets celebrate what the club has achieved.