Wigan v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
georgeorwell

Re: Wigan v Leeds

Post by georgeorwell »

"I'm not a violent man Mr Fawlty", but I really wish someone would hammer Bailey. He is such a thug but he is also such a coward. Everytime I see him he makes my blood boil! Come to think of it that wasn't a bad thing tonight, it helped to keep me warm.

Really good solid team performance I thought, but being picky, I wish we had a bit more creativity in the half backs. Little Rob Burrow was terrific; the only Leeds player to impress - wish we had him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

georgeorwell wrote:"I'm not a violent man Mr Fawlty", but I really wish someone would hammer Bailey. He is such a thug but he is also such a coward.
I could not agree more.
Little Rob Burrow was terrific; the only Leeds player to impress - wish we had him.
He is a great little player. Bailey is a nonentity in comparison.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

McGuire is a horrible individual.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
phil winnard

Post by phil winnard »

Great performance after last week. Thought the pack was very good with Mossop, Hock, mcIlorum, outstanding. Best game I have seen McIllorum have for Wigan. Charnley gets better and better and I also thought Goulding had a very good game too.
I am still convinced that Charnleys first try should have stood which would have made the score even more one sided.
What pleased me the most was the commitment of the whole team - you could see how much it meant to them. Thought our overall defence was superb against a Leeds side who have a lot of pace.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I can only concur with everything that's been said. We were superb last night! Along with everything else, I thought our kicking game was much, much better than last week and it laid the platform for all the other good stuff we did. And it was great to see Goulding's positional sense and passing game. With him inside Josh, it was no surprise that he scored FOUR tries.
As for Leeds, Burrow, Griffin and JJB all looked threatening but Webb and Peacock really look like has beens.
McGuire was very quiet too but I put a lot of it down to our fantastic command of the game.
I was very disappointed last week but crikey have the boys answered the critics. Couldn't have asked for more. Well done lads!!!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Goulding, charnley, micky mc had great games

Great to see the passion from the players and Leeds are still dirty. Thought Hughes did a good job at centre

I don't think Leeds were that poor, I think it was more Wigan didn't let then play
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
bendy hendy 5

Post by bendy hendy 5 »

The way Micky Mac spoke to Sinfield when the ref pulled him and Huraki to one side after there to do- "wow wow, wot do you want eh? wots it got to do with you eh? go on go away! F*!ck off!" Ha ha, missed about the next 10mins of the game cryin with laughter :lol1: Quote of the season so far :eusa2:
tom g

Post by tom g »

bendy hendy 5 wrote:The way Micky Mac spoke to Sinfield when the ref pulled him and Huraki to one side after there to do- "wow wow, wot do you want eh? wots it got to do with you eh? go on go away! F*!ck off!" Ha ha, missed about the next 10mins of the game cryin with laughter :lol1: Quote of the season so far :eusa2:
Absolutely loved this! And topped off with a great performance too. Well played to Macca and the rest of the boys last night.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:Well compared to last week that was far, far better. Micky Mac was my MoM. He gets a lot of stick he does not deserve.
Agreed and so does Goulding who also had a very good game tonight.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

phil winnard wrote:I am still convinced that Charnleys first try should have stood which would have made the score even more one sided.
Of course it should have stood, you will see such efforts be rewarded in many games this year. If you watch the pre-match build up, on Sky, you will see a very similar try scored by Leeds!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards