Wigan v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Wigan v Leeds

Post by 100% Warrior »

Sadly couldn't get there for tonights game so having to make do with SKY.

Pleased with the first 40, seem well in control.

Keep it going lads!
100% Warrior

Re: Wigan v Leeds

Post by 100% Warrior »

Great performance, made a champion team look very ordinary.

Pack out muscled the Leeds forwards throughout the full 80.

Well done to the players and the coaching staff, perfect response to last weeks disappointment.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Much happier with that performance,as mentioned already
pack looked really good..oh and Bailley is just a thug
in a Leeds Rhinos outfit.. :eusa9: :eusa9:
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

A good performance from the lads and I hope that some posters who have been quick to get on Wane's back, as well as certain players, are just as quick to now give them credit.

Our defence was very good and our attack, particularly our right hand side, looked very good. Goulding and Charnley have quickly developed a good understanding and look good together.

The forwards were immense and were much improved on last week. they really did lay the platform for todays victory. Hock and Mossop were very good and McIlorum was much better.

In addition the kicking game was much better and was much more varied.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

To paraphrase a certain coach, I'm pleased to say "I didn't see that coming" :lol:

That was a thousand times better than last week.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I was impressed tonight with young Jack Hughes. He never looked out of his depth and really got stuck in. Mcllorum had his best game for some time after the little scuffle he had, If thats what it takes I hope he has a set to every game as he really looked the part tonight,
I also think pat would of kicked everything tonight. Well done to all, the whole team played there part
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well compared to last week that was far, far better. Micky Mac was my MoM. He gets a lot of stick he does not deserve.

We were fortunate their back row was disrupted as that is their most potent threat area and we were also lacking 1st team players in that area ourselves but you can only play the team they put out (which we bloody well didn't do last week!) but they will be as gutted as we were v Hudds for a lost opportunity.

Credit to their coach for not having a whinge as well.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I also thought Finch had a fairly decent game. the ususal good performance from Lee Mossop also.
The only negative I can see is letting leeds score a relatively weak try, apart form that the defence was great
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

never had any doubts for the win today. Only doubts were the young uns making debuts against a tough leeds squad but they stepped up.
I'd expect Leeds to do more in attack but they didnt. Webb is such a past glory player now he seems to be holding them back, what does he actually do?
My mom was Hock tonight always ran hard and tackled well... Just needs a cord in his shorts
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I was both shocked and delighted after last week. We were a different team tonight. Very impressed with our three quarter line. Gaz & Josh were amazing. Jack was faultless alongside Pat.

Sorry Leeds, but you will be destoyed next week. Just hope that Ryan Bailey upsets Tony Williams! :lol: