Bad and Dirty language creeping into our chants

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Bad and Dirty language creeping into our chants

Post by cpwigan »

An old fashioned policeman was far more effective IMO. I can recall at Central Park when somebody started acting silly the sargeant on duty would simply say and mean it "grow up" etc etc Women are also good at embarassing men acting like idiots at sports stadia. Unfortunately, on GF it seemed like Tweedle Dee had copped off with Tweedle Dum. Never come across such a perfectly matched couple of idiots.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

On one of the rare pccasions I have been in the East stand at the DW I was behind a woman who sounded like she had Tourettes. Awful language, right near a steward, nothing said.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

What song was it? If it was the 5 in a row song it has 7 pages of congratulations over on rlfans
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

cherry.pie wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:Unfortunately, I think the football referred too in the act is association football.
However i agree that the quality of language can be poor, and is entirely uneccessary. Perhaps the stewards need to be more proactive, especially if a complaint is made, but then others would accuse them of being jobsworths.
I would feel sorry for a steward who had to try to tell thousands of fans to mind their language. When it comes to chants containing foul language they'd be emptying half the stands, especially against Warrington.
I disagree if a few ring leaders were removed and a statement over the loud speaker that people were being removed for the use of foul language might just make people think before using it. I am no prude but the constant use of the F word infront of children is wrong and cant be defended

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I think we hear just as much bad language on tv, the cinema & music these days

I'm not saying I condone it but the whole world now revolves around violence, sex & bad language in everything :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

josie andrews wrote:I think we hear just as much bad language on tv, the cinema & music these days

I'm not saying I condone it but the whole world now revolves around violence, sex & bad language in everything :exc:
We do, but films have an age rating, TV has time boundaries and you never hear music with bad language on radio in Britain. Because of this children (and others) are effectively protected from it unless they actively seek it out.
They cannot be accused of seeking out bad language by attending a rugby match with their family.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I think we hear just as much bad language on tv, the cinema & music these days

We do, but films have an age rating, TV has time boundaries and you never hear music with bad language on radio in Britain. Because of this children (and others) are effectively protected from it unless they actively seek it out.
They cannot be accused of seeking out bad language by attending a rugby match with their family.
Film censors are idiots & the whole rating system needs a massive overall!!

I went to watch Hunger Games last week which is rated at 12A. The violence in this film is no way suitable for children aged 12!!! In fact it should be rated at 18 at least & that is still too young.

As for saying children are protected in this country, you need to take off your blinkers. There is excessive violence, sex & swearing daily on all varieties of TV whether terrestrial, Sky or cable & is easily accessible to children & pre watershed doesn't mean anything.

Even Harry Potter films are full of violence & they are all rated as 12 or 12A. I wouldn't have let my children watch them, if I had any.

That is my opinion anyway :exc:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And furthermore, the majority of children today hear, know & use bad language on a regular or even daily basis at infant & junior school :exc:

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It does not make it right though Josie
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:It does not make it right though Josie
I'm not saying it does, I said in an earlier post that I didn't condone any of it.