Wigan Observer A new 6

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

Re: Wigan Observer A new 6

Post by WiganWarrior »

Sky are reporting we are after Chase and he said he would be stupid not to come

Rumours of a 350k pay off to Cas due to his contract, defo not worth that and that's a stupid sum considering how little we got for Joel going to union
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
stevo38

from tigers site today

Post by stevo38 »

Chase

by pontetiger1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Wigan offer £300,000 and two players for rangi!

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Just read the same shite myself and am utterly gob smacked at the figure being touted around.The man chase that is not worth ten bob let alone 350k.If this is the best Wigan can do then it would be a backward step after all the strides they have taken going forward.Anyone with a half decent rugby brain would look good playing for castleford.Keep him swimming in the goal fish bowl we do not need him.And as Josie quite rightly said in more words than one.He shows no loyalty. :(
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'd sooner have Kyle Eastmond than Chase :exc:

There is no way on Gods earth that this man is worth that & two players to boot!!!

WTF :angry: :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OJ

Post by OJ »

From Sporting Life the same thing is being said - not happy at the prospect personally

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

bertina

Post by bertina »

Here we go again!!
Another player slated and written off before he has signed, IF he signs. Chase would probably not be my first choice either, but we have no idea if there are any half decent Aussies or Kiwis available. I'm sure IL will have been investigating that during the time Finch was pondering his future. If SW does not think that Powell or Mellor are ready for the step up to Super league yet, then what are the club to do? We would all like to sign Benji Marshall or Cooper Cronk, but it's not always possible.
If Chase signs, or anybody else for that matter, for God's sake give them a chance instead of condemning them to the scrap heap before they have touched a ball.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

I really don't understand the animosity towards Chase whether he knows where he's from or not.

He has more try assists in the league in front of Finch, Dobson and Sam; he has twice as many tackle breaks as Dobson and Finch; he puts in more attacking kicks than anyone else in the league; and he manages this behind a pack that gets beaten into second place on most every weekend.

What's not to like?

Maybe people need reminding of the consensus of opinion on Finch 12 months ago
http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/ ... c&o=724331

Amazing how the opinion changes from thread start to thread end
Wes

Post by Wes »

I was 1 of the very few who has always said Finch was class and never got on his back, I also said Luaki was an excellent signing as was Lima and a lot if other thing I say get proven to be correct. I have no problems in saying I don't want Chase at Wigan, his defence is poor and he is a 1 trick pony. Very overrated IMO !!
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

I also think Chase or any other player should be given a chance to show what they can do, remember that Man of Steel is now really the players player award so he must have something about him for the players of superleague to vote him last years best player?? i said myself that i didnt want Luaki anywhere near a cherry and white shirt and that Ben Flower wasnt what we were looking for but they've dug in and proved me wrong so far. I say give Chase a go and lets see what happens, could be worse .....could be 2006 :blush:
BriH

Post by BriH »

I don't like Rangi either and I think it's the Rumour Mills grinding again.
If Warrington want him, let them have him.