Wigan Observer A new 6

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Wigan Observer A new 6

Post by cpwigan »

Waney says Sam stays at FB and we will find a new 6 to replace Finchy.
Wes

Re: Wigan Observer A new 6

Post by Wes »

Just read the same thing, really hope we are not after Chase though!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

29wes28 wrote:Just read the same thing, really hope we are not after Chase though!
I hope we aren't either or Danny 'Neanderthal' Brough :sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

josie andrews wrote:
29wes28 wrote:Just read the same thing, really hope we are not after Chase though!
I hope we aren't either or Danny 'Neanderthal' Brough :sly:
I said elsewhere, I doubt Brough would stand the discipline at Wigan.
Chase? Big Fish small pond.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

michael dobson had a crackin game last night
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

stevo38 wrote:michael dobson had a crackin game last night
Would have him back at Wigan definitely.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

yokozuna wrote:
stevo38 wrote:michael dobson had a crackin game last night
Would have him back at Wigan definitely.
I would have him before Chough/Brase without a doubt. In my view, it was him not Noble who saved us from relegation in 06. Pity he went back home after that. Still, its worked out OK for us! :)
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Chase i beleive s been offered a fortune to come -
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

OAMJS wrote:Chase i beleive s been offered a fortune to come -
I bloody hope not, he is definitely not worth it :angry:

If you've got mega bucks & don't want to use your young players just yet, spend that money on a quality Aussie not a bloke who doesn't know who or what he is! :conf:

I'm sure we have a few good quality lads playing on the fringes in the position he plays & I have every confidence in our coaching staff that they will nurture & produce the quality players we need.

Yes a couple of experienced players as well but not Chase, or Brough for that matter.

I don't think coming here will improve either of these players game :(

And as an aside, Chase was the MOM last year playing for the Exiles & this year his playing for England against them!!
How can that be right??

It's just plain crazy! If he gets dropped from playing for England where will his allegiances lie next? Wales, Ireland or Scotland!! :eusa16: :eusa16:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
OAMJS wrote:Chase i beleive s been offered a fortune to come -
I'm sure we have a few good quality lads playing on the fringes in the position he plays & I have every confidence in our coaching staff that they will nurture & produce the quality players we need.

I don't think coming here will improve either of these players game :(

We do have a good few quality lads waiting in the wings, the problem is they are not ready to step up yet. Waney would have identified Mellor or Powell, unfortunately both have suffered serious injuries in the last two years and we can't be certain, at this stage, whether they will make a full recovery. Mellor has certainly lost pace, which was his greatest asset. His time at Widnes will give the coaching staff time to ascertain if he can make the grade. Powell has yet to resume playing following his bad injury, as a result he has/is probably going to miss his opportunity of playing first grade this year. With such a scenario facing Waney, can he take the chance of not recruiting a halfback? I would suggest not.

We may need a stop gap until the likes of Taylor, Williams and Hampshire emerge.

Finally, I have evey confidence that our coaching team could improve any player therefore I would not dismiss either Chase or Brough on this basis.

Whatever happens I am sure that we will still be competing for the major prizes. After all, the rest of the teams are currently light years behind Wigan based on current performances.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards