Le Tour 2012

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Kiwiseddon

Re: Le Tour 2012

Post by Kiwiseddon »

jobo wrote:Apart from the fact that Wigan are fantastic, how come Bradley supports us. He's got a Belgian Mum, Aussie Dad and hails from darn souf. I know he lives in Chorley but wonder what attracted him to RL and Wigan. Very impressed with him though, especially the sportsmanship he showed by stopping to let the guy with punctures catch him up, shows he might be a true Wiganer. Top man.
I'm not sure why he's a Wigan fan but I did see a tweet from someone (might have even been this website) wishing him well with a picture of him wearing this season's away shirt. I was just putting two and two together. Besides, if he lives in Ecclestone, there's no reason he shouldn't support his local team.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

His life story is in today's Mirror. Well worth a read!
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Nice to see Brad give the Joining Jack sign when he was on the podium
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We eed to make the most of the connection. Surely he should be paraded / clapped at one of our forthcoming matches. Must be BBC Sports Personality of the Year too ? First Brit to win the Tour De France
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:We eed to make the most of the connection. Surely he should be paraded / clapped at one of our forthcoming matches. Must be BBC Sports Personality of the Year too ? First Brit to win the Tour De France
I'd like to think so but as no round ball is involved, I won't hold my breath!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Cant wait for todays stage, will be one to remember just hope Cav finishes it off in style.

Seen bradley once or twice in his timetrial helmet around chorley few years back and a team sky car also around horwich bolon arena ages ago... He trains around the pennines.

Great day ahed
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Sky have put in an absolute masterclass in stifling, supressing control. Fantastic team effort. He also shows his Warriors alligence using a WW shoe bag on tour!!!!

I do ironman and ultra-marathons - I generally prefer very long distance. After Christmas I was training in the hills and I'm not too shabby. Brad came cruising past me up a 15% hill like it wasn't there. He was simply epic.

The hours of volume and graft he has put in to achieve beggar belief
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cpwigan wrote:We eed to make the most of the connection. Surely he should be paraded / clapped at one of our forthcoming matches. Must be BBC Sports Personality of the Year too ? First Brit to win the Tour De France
I'd like to think so but as no round ball is involved, I won't hold my breath!
Regardless, he's a Wigan fan and we should get him to a game. Might be another way of improving sales for the 'Big One'. Just get him to a game in his yellow jersey. That would be brilliant.
"K"

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Tough, olympics then the vuelta... Maybe a playoff game perhaps
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame