Will it effect us if Latics go down?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Re: Will it effect us if Latics go down?

Post by First Try Tickle »

platt-warrior wrote:IFL has stated many times that Latics in the Premiership helps benefits WRLFC.Anyway I for one want Latics to stay in the Premiership and win the cup.

Good luck Latics
I'm impartial really, I just want them to go down and get stuffed in the final.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

First Try Tickle wrote: I'm impartial really, I just want them to go down and get stuffed in the final.
Hope you feel the same way when your ticket price rockets and you watch your team playing on a quagmire having first brushed the cobwebs off your seat!
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

29wes28 wrote:If they go down then you can forget the pitch being relayed every year, sure the rent could go up too.

Hope they say up personally and I am not into football in the slightest.
That's what I was thinking; will the rent go up? The TV rights for the premier league will be a massive loss for Wigan FC, the parachute payments won't cover this. Money will have to be made in other ways.
markill

Post by markill »

I'm not from Wigan so don't really care but our crowds have been better since they've been in the PL. Can't explain what the link may be, if any, but that's what the numbers say. Not sure they can just bang our rent up as they please though, there will be a contract
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Our day will come when it all ends in tears and their crowds revert back to normal.

Uncle Dave will not be around for ever to bale them out by converting debts to shares and giving low season ticket and admission prices.

The sad thing is that many are only going to watch Premier League football and are not real supporters of them.

Maverickpils

Post by Maverickpils »

I am of the understanding that the stadium is owned by a separate company and is not owned by the football club so its fortunes should not affect the rugby team. I also recall that we were granted a 50 year lease, which DW said was the maximum he could allow. I think it was in the Evening Post.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I was under the impression the ground was originaly owned by a holding company,then transferred to Latics as it would be easier to sell(if he was to sell Latics).
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The ground is now owed by Wigan Athletic and the Warriors pay a rent to play there on a 50 year lease.

The question is what happens in the future when the latic's go back to normal in regard to support and attendances.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:The ground is now owed by Wigan Athletic and the Warriors pay a rent to play there on a 50 year lease.
I thought thats what I stated WW.I believe its the increase in rent that will effect WRLFC the most.
bocco

Post by bocco »

i was told, though this may have changed that we pay a % on, every ticket we sell so the rent varies per gate