Gaz Hock

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Re: Gaz Hock

Post by Kittwazzer »

I wonder if this will have any impact on Moose's decision!
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

medlocke wrote:
NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:Nor me, I wouldn't think IL would have him back anyway.

But - for England and the World Cup, yes I would take a punt on him. I know he's a risk but also a world class second row who we'd need against the Kiwis and Aussies. Hope that doesn't sound too hypocritical ?
No I agree, if I was Macnamara I'd select him. He is world class. Fact.
Really, when i think of World class 2nd rowers i think of Nathan Hindmarch, Ryan Hoffman, Anthony Watmaugh etc, not a player that has the ability to be a top class player but only shows that abaility in 3 or 4 games a season because he is too dumb giving away penalties, loose ball or getting banned for the rest of the season, maybe have him on the bench for England but nothing
That is the frustrating thing for fans, he is world class and can change games but lets himself down with his discipline. His ability is world class, he is his own worst enemy at times.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:Or do we get a decent transfer fee for him, knowing that the doctor is willing to splash the cash? Surely we could get a larger fee from Salford than parramatta?

My personal opinion: sell him. He needs a career away from Wigan now, IMO he won't play for us again. If he is to go back on the deal with Parramatta, that says a lot about his character. I don't know him personally or all the ins and outs with what's happened at Wigan, but my general feeling is that his personal morals do not come into his thoughts.
Great player but I do not want him at Wigan.
Not getting into Hock debate again. But you really should not judge peoples morals on earsay. His morals and walking away from wigan has stopped them from being dragged into a couldron that has nothing to do with Wigan rl.The club he loves.If you want to talk about morals the only person at wigan I know of with none is Wane.Oh and he's a liar. Rant over nothing more on this lad you can all character assasinate all you want but please if you are talk facts. :(
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Unfortunately some fans are not lucky enough to have contacts within the club, or get to know inside information. What we can do is speculate, and yes sometimes fans will speculate and get stuff wrong.
We can only go on what is public knowledge. And what is public knowledge, is that Hock is not wanted at Wigan, and Wigan are doing just fine without him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:Or do we get a decent transfer fee for him, knowing that the doctor is willing to splash the cash? Surely we could get a larger fee from Salford than parramatta?
What is the point of getting a larger fee? We can't spend it on salaries and who is there to buy? Never understood the fascination of getting fees for players in the current era as if it is a big deal.

I am sure we could have sold him this year if we wanted but the loan deal suits since he isn't helping a rival beat us and the whole saga seems to have been engineered so if he leaves us, he doesn't come back to haunt us.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Shame if true. If he can make the move, he would be far better in Australia than in Wigan/North West. I think he needs the challenge that the demands of the NRL requires. The NRL would make him a better player and put 'distance' between those 'negative forces' away from RL and Gaz Hock.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Thinking about this some more and based on what has been said on RLFANS the speculation is Koukash has bought him off Parra not us.

That is he has bought Hock's Parra contract out.

If that is so it will be interesting what effect if any the "Wigan have first refusal when he returns" clause has on the deal.

Koukash would have to ask us could he sign him from Parra as we hold his registration in the UK.

If that is the case it puts IL on the spot. I am sure as I mentioned above the way the Hock saga has unfolded was to ensure he didn't play against us.

I can't imagine IL being pleased if Koukash ends up using Parra as a middle man to get round that!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I am not surprised with this as I posted earlier that Hock had told me he did not fancy playing in Australia, and he only needed an excuse to not go
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:

My personal opinion: sell him. He needs a career away from Wigan now, IMO he won't play for us again. If he is to go back on the deal with Parramatta, that says a lot about his character. I don't know him personally or all the ins and outs with what's happened at Wigan, but my general feeling is that his personal morals do not come into his thoughts.
Great player but I do not want him at Wigan.
Not getting into Hock debate again. But you really should not judge peoples morals on earsay. His morals and walking away from wigan has stopped them from being dragged into a couldron that has nothing to do with Wigan rl.The club he loves.If you want to talk about morals the only person at wigan I know of with none is Wane.Oh and he's a liar. Rant over nothing more on this lad you can all character assasinate all you want but please if you are talk facts. :(
The facts being that he is a liability and let the the club down badly after the way they looked after him while serving one of his many suspensions.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I've just been told that this is nothing more than a rumour started by Bobby Goulding. But if Gaz has said that to ddtff, I suppose owt can happen!