Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jobo

Re: Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Post by jobo »

cherry.pie wrote:Minichiello has always been a talented player who would probably still have a lot to offer a Super League side even though he'll be turning 34 next year.

Just how many kids do people want in the side? Do people really think the best option is to replace the best player in Super League and a former man of steel and still one of the best wingers in Super League with 18/19 year old's with barely a handful of games between them?

We're once again losing some talent and experience. It's a big ask for Tierney to replace the best player in Super League so signing someone like Minichiello to add depth to cover for the loss of Tomkins and Richards seems sensible.

If Tierney (or even Hampshire) shows good form then he will get plenty of games and the same goes for Manfredi or Burgess on the wings.
If they can get him for the same sort of money Moss and a good few others in the squad, then fair enough. If the contract is anything like what we could have got Stephan Ratchford for, then I'd take my chances with the young players any day.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I still can't understand why we are even discussing this as a possibility. It started out last Tuesday as a suggestion by No Straw following my response to a question from CP as to who I would like to replace Sam. This week its found itself on the pages of the Observer.

If the Minichielo story has any basis in fact, I'll show my arse in King Street!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:I still can't understand why we are even discussing this as a possibility. It started out last Tuesday as a suggestion by No Straw following my response to a question from CP as to who I would like to replace Sam. This week its found itself on the pages of the Observer.

If the Minichielo story has any basis in fact, I'll show my arse in King Street!
God save us and preserve us :lol:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote:What's the matter with developing Lewis Tierney for this position of full back?

He is a similar age to what Sam was when he broke into the first team??

Minichiello has just turned 33 :(
Brett hodgson is 34/5 isn't he and still playing well enough to be in a top superleague team and Brett wasn't the same standard as minichello
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just reading the article now and it obviously has no basis whatsoever.

making a formal offer, the Observer understands ie we heard it in the pub!

Wigan are believed to be..... by our gullible readers.......we hope!

They haven't even had the balls to quote 'a source close to the club'!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

I'd prefer one of our own to be brought through rather than a near 34yr old who is over the hill.
I hear is wife is due to have first kid round Feb/Mar.
doesn't sound promising to me.
How much of a lump will he cost us?? if we do sign him he won't come cheap.
BriH

Post by BriH »

AM has been overshadowed in the last few seasons but watching him last year he played very well.
Vast experience so I would think he would be a very good buy. Especially to bring on the young aspiring full backs.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Just reading the article now and it obviously has no basis whatsoever.

I've told you before, a lot of the 'news' in the Post & th'Observer is off here lol.

How come it was mentioned as a throwaway remark from one of our members two weeks ago & all of a sudden it's 'happening'??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Just reading the article now and it obviously has no basis whatsoever.

I've told you before, a lot of the 'news' in the Post & th'Observer is off here lol.

How come it was mentioned as a throwaway remark from one of our members two weeks ago & all of a sudden it's 'happening'??
It's magic :wink:
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Kittwazzer wrote:

Didn't TonyH use to make threats like this and did he ever run bollicky naked round Robin Park like he promised?