George Williams

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: George Williams

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ian.birchall wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:George's defence on Thaiday last night was nothing short of phenomenal!!
Yes but half backs should not be clattering 2nd row forwards if they don't want to pick up career slowing/ending injuries which reduce the speed off the mark that they need.
Just a question then who should they be tackling then? can't imagine players standing to one side because oposition is bigger than them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:George's defence on Thaiday last night was nothing short of phenomenal!!
Yes but half backs should not be clattering 2nd row forwards if they don't want to pick up career slowing/ending injuries which reduce the speed off the mark that they need.
Just a question then who should they be tackling then? can't imagine players standing to one side because oposition is bigger than them.
Exactly!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
ian.birchall wrote: Yes but half backs should not be clattering 2nd row forwards if they don't want to pick up career slowing/ending injuries which reduce the speed off the mark that they need.
Exactly!!
For the benefit of the last two posters what I was suggesting was Williams should not be putting in the amount of tackling that he was doing on Saturday, yes there are occasions when he has to tackle but not when there are other forwards around to do it for him
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Yes team him with Bateman in the halves.
mp
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: One for Whelley here, I was chuffed to bits with Larne Patricks effort last night, a massive improvement and looked like he can fit in at the DW. Called as I saw it and long may it continue.
I didn't notice him that much but he did put in one massive hit in the second half where he used his speed off the mark to come in from the right to absolutely clatter the Brisbane player. A great tackle that got a big reaction from the crowd.
I thought his work rate was good whilst he was on Dave and his tackles were mainly very affective, putting in a good number of them too from what I saw.
I didn't see as much of that in the first two games, hence my comment, big improvement.