George Williams

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

George Williams

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The next great Wigan halfback. The lad nearly has the complete all round game, just a bit of adjustment to his kicking game and he will be a star.

Thaiday targeted him all night and not once did he get the better of him! He had a hand in both tries and was fearless taking the line on.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mace

Re: George Williams

Post by Mace »

Agreed re Thaiday, Williams put on hell of a defensive shift in - a brave man!
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Very impressed with George last night. He's going to be a star for the club for many years. I hope we all have the patience to allow him to develop without too much criticism on the days when his inexperience gets the better of him. I still think scrum half will be his best position but he can be proud of his efforts last night as can the rest of the team. Really enjoyed the occasion, it is the greatest game.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Class act young George.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Detracting from the subject matter again but just want to say my point.
I was sitting in amongst a bunch of Saints supporters last night, and all family friends.
I just said to them that based on Wigan's form in the first two games this season then they were struggling, but after watching last night game with the effort the lads put in across the board and given the rub of the green thrown at them by Bentham then they need to fear no one this season in Superleague. That was partly based on young players like George showing they've got what it takes.

One for Whelley here, I was chuffed to bits with Larne Patricks effort last night, a massive improvement and looked like he can fit in at the DW. Called as I saw it and long may it continue.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Alongside Rocky, we have the two most talented young British halfbacks in SL
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

George's defence on Thaiday last night was nothing short of phenomenal!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Speaking to his dad this morning and George was having breakfast and said he could hardly move his jaw, having it checked out tomorrow to see if it is brocken
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:George's defence on Thaiday last night was nothing short of phenomenal!!
Yes but half backs should not be clattering 2nd row forwards if they don't want to pick up career slowing/ending injuries which reduce the speed off the mark that they need.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote: One for Whelley here, I was chuffed to bits with Larne Patricks effort last night, a massive improvement and looked like he can fit in at the DW. Called as I saw it and long may it continue.
I didn't notice him that much but he did put in one massive hit in the second half where he used his speed off the mark to come in from the right to absolutely clatter the Brisbane player. A great tackle that got a big reaction from the crowd.