World Series Qualifiers

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Owd Codger

Re: World Series Qualifiers

Post by Owd Codger »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:It should just be a one off game between the Grand Final Winners of each country as the other two games are nothing more than friendlies to make money and at the same time, devalue the trophy game.
friendlies that the fans love and enjoy going to (apart from your self of course) i loved the games last year and so did thousands of others :exc: Any excuse to get the NRL sides over here just to see their skill sets and plays LIVE is great .... money spinners yes, if you dont like it you dont have to go. Maybe hide under a rock and read a book, maybe "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie ?
Excuse me, did I say anything about not going to any game in the World Club series?

No, I only give a opinion on the merits of having three games and before you say I should try 'hiding under a rock' or reading a particular book, it may interest you to know that I will not only going to any World Club series game involving Wigan, but will also be going, unlike some, down to London to support the club in the so called 'home' game in spite of having reservations about any 'home' being played away from the DW Stadium.

Some could not even be bothered to go to nearby Leigh for the 'home' cup tie game held there, but again I did in spite of not being happy about that 'home' game being moved.

x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:It should just be a one off game between the Grand Final Winners of each country as the other two games are nothing more than friendlies to make money and at the same time, devalue the trophy game.
friendlies that the fans love and enjoy going to (apart from your self of course) i loved the games last year and so did thousands of others :exc: Any excuse to get the NRL sides over here just to see their skill sets and plays LIVE is great .... money spinners yes, if you dont like it you dont have to go. Maybe hide under a rock and read a book, maybe "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie ?
Excuse me, did I say anything about not going to any game in the World Club series?

No, I only give a opinion on the merits of having three games and before you say I should try 'hiding under a rock' or reading a particular book, it may interest you to know that I will not only going to any World Club series game involving Wigan, but will also be going, unlike some, down to London to support the club in the so called 'home' game in spite of having reservations about any 'home' being played away from the DW Stadium.

Some could not even be bothered to go to nearby Leigh for the 'home' cup tie game held there, but again I did in spite of not being happy about that 'home' game being moved.

So why go if you believe its a money spinner that it de values the cup (that only the two GF winners can win by the way) ? Do you just blindly follow regardless what your principles are ? ....genuine question BTW

we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I just follow Wigan home & away wherever it is played :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

When you see where Brisbane are now in the NRL, we didn't do too bad!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

What happens if Leeds win all three.

Who are the runners up - league 2nd place or GF losers?
Who would be the third placed team - league 3rd place or GF losers or CC losers?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Good question?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote: friendlies that the fans love and enjoy going to (apart from your self of course) i loved the games last year and so did thousands of others :exc: Any excuse to get the NRL sides over here just to see their skill sets and plays LIVE is great .... money spinners yes, if you dont like it you dont have to go. Maybe hide under a rock and read a book, maybe "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie ?

So why go if you believe its a money spinner that it de values the cup (that only the two GF winners can win by the way) ? Do you just blindly follow regardless what your principles are ? ....genuine question BTW
And yet Whelley lambasted various posters a few years back for purchasing Joining Jack Wigan shirts and then go against his principals on other matters. Strange :blush:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

michael inch stoke wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: So why go if you believe its a money spinner that it de values the cup (that only the two GF winners can win by the way) ? Do you just blindly follow regardless what your principles are ? ....genuine question BTW
And yet Whelley lambasted various posters a few years back for purchasing Joining Jack Wigan shirts and then go against his principals on other matters. Strange :blush:
A few years back?

And I do not recall ever lambasting anyone in regard to the great 'Joining Jack' charity.

Your opinion on the actual topic would be more welcome!
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote: And yet Whelley lambasted various posters a few years back for purchasing Joining Jack Wigan shirts and then go against his principals on other matters. Strange :blush:
A few years back?

And I do not recall ever lambasting anyone in regard to the great 'Joining Jack' charity.

Re: Wigan vs Saints match and Joining jack
"Whelley Warrior" wrote:
Michael Inch Stroke
In my case, I have made the same donation to the charity without putting £32 into the pocket of others.

I hope that is a genuine spelling mistake and you are not being abusive in any way? Angry

Also, it is up to the individual how they donate to charities(or not) and what they spend their own hard earned money on, so please dont preach to me how I spend mine Exclamation

Above posted August 2012. I never mentioned about you complaining about the charity, just the buying of the shirts.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
michael inch stoke wrote: A few years back?

Re: Wigan vs Saints match and Joining jack
"Whelley Warrior" wrote:
Michael Inch Stroke
In my case, I have made the same donation to the charity without putting £32 into the pocket of others.

I hope that is a genuine spelling mistake and you are not being abusive in any way? Angry

Also, it is up to the individual how they donate to charities(or not) and what they spend their own hard earned money on, so please dont preach to me how I spend mine Exclamation

Above posted August 2012. I never mentioned about you complaining about the charity, just the buying of the shirts.
The only shirts I made comment about were the shirts that are produced by the club for special games in addition to the normal season shirts to make extra money. By that I do not mean shirts produced for a charity, be it 'Joining Jack' or what ever.

Are you a Journalist by any chance as they are good at taking things out of context!