Re: Lenegan not happy with Thornley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dontshootthemessenger

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

I guess that means that IL will , on principle ,refuse to try and sign a player from another club , in similar circumstances ?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Loyalty works both ways!

He won't be the first & he won't be the last

Good Luck to Iain for his future & his young family ????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

josie andrews wrote:Loyalty works both ways!

He won't be the first & he won't be the last

Good Luck to Iain for his future & his young family ????????????
Yes loyalty should work both ways. In my opinion it is the club who have shown it on this occasion but it's not been been reciprocated. Remember the grass isn't always greener.... However I do wish Iain all the best for the future (but not when he plays us).
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Good luck to Thornley he has every right to go wherever he wants to better himself and his family.
markill

Post by markill »

No straw damn us wrote: I don't blame Thornley, he's taken up a better offer. Should Wigan have matched or bettered it is the question that needs to be asked. I'd be in the no column.
This is where I'd be too.

No issue with Thornley going personally.

I can understand why IL might be irked on this particular occasion having resigned a player from a sport he wasn't going to be successful in, got half a season out of him in three years of paying him a wage, only to see him leave at the first chance. But fair enough, it was Thornley's choice to leave.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Its nothing new for a player to get a better paid contract at a lower club for being a first choice player there rather than a lower paid contract at his existing club as a fringe/backup player.

Il has only said that like all players, he is has moved for more money which our club is not prepared to better and rightly so.

Surely, supporters are not expecting the club to better the offer of Hull KR for a player who would only be a second choice both at Centre and Wing at our club, especially when he has hardly played because of injuries.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Agree with DaveO IL seems to think playing for wigan means he can pay you peanuts.

I dont agree with the tripe about "treating him well" either, if by that he means rehabilitating him, it was in Wigan interest to get him back fit they weren't doing it for IT's benefit alone.

I think IL is just miffed he may have to put his hand in his pocket but no doubt gildart will suddenly become "ready"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Agree with DaveO IL seems to think playing for wigan means he can pay you peanuts.

I dont agree with the tripe about "treating him well" either, if by that he means rehabilitating him, it was in Wigan interest to get him back fit they weren't doing it for IT's benefit alone.

I think IL is just miffed he may have to put his hand in his pocket but no doubt gildart will suddenly become "ready"
Lets not get silly!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I have no problem with Thornley looking after himself but equally I have no problem with IL giving his honest opinion!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jao711

Post by jao711 »

I can understand the loyalty comment,the club have been patient,although they could hardly move him out when he has been injured playing for the them.Looking from the other side,it's a short career,and with the wrong injury it's all over tomorrow.Chris Tuson and Darrell Goulding will have some thoughts on that.Two sides to every story.