dallas try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: dallas try

Post by mrs_carney »

No he said dallas was held up not a double movement, which was utter balls, if he'd disallowed it for the right reason fair enough but that ball was down.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
I realise there would be expense involved, but maybe a sponsor could be found? Specsavers?
:D :D :D

Dave
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Well all I saw was the touch judge guy rule it out straight away I didnt see Klein which is why everyone on my side was going crazy at the touch judge rather than Klein, one guy near us got so angry he squirted water all over him (:O shock shock I know) Either way though, I don't believe it was a try and in my opinion the right decision was given over all in not giving it.
However if the video ref had been there maybe it would have been looked at a few times and benefit given to us, who knows but it really doesn't matter HE SHOULD HAVE PASSED IT
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He threw a cup of beer at him didnt he? I thought that was pretty funny the way he just turned round as if to say how could you.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

The guy they were talking to about it only had a bottle of water in his hand, I think if it had been beer they would have made more of it. Instead the stewards just looked angry and said summat along the lines of "dont do that!"

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Oh right, i just saw a beer cup on the pitch and presumed it was beer. someone also threw their scarf.....the damage it could have done :roll:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

If you read the match report in League Express it says that Dallas dropped the ball as he went over the line due to force of the tackle from Westwood.

However, Klein definately signalled 'held up.'

MrsLam - If it had been a double movement it would have been their penalty... just as the hooter went they were getting ready for a play-the-ball, we had two markers stood there.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I saw the scarf flying down, what a waste! I didn't have anything heavy with me to throw, my little sister is still a light little 8 year old unfortunately

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
dallas

Post by dallas »

e-mailed the rfl and had a very polite reply from stuart cummings, he said that both the referee and the touch judge were very confident wirh their decisions :doz: :doz: :exc:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

confident they were wrong?