dallas try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dallas

dallas try

Post by dallas »

the warrington fan behind me said it was a try
i think the touch judges said it was a try
the entire north, south and east stands at the halliwell jones went quiet
the warrington players thought it was a try
Ashley Klein did not give it
Was it double movement because if it was i did not see it
:( :( :exc:
MrsLam

Re: dallas try

Post by MrsLam »

Personally think, had it been the other way around Id be going mad because yes, if we're being honest he was grounded with a Warrington player touching him and then he DID move his elbow. I was going crazy at the time because of the emotion and desire to get some points but I'm not so sure now. He really should have passed to the two players to his left. They were unmarked and would have DEFINITELY gone in for the try had they caught it that is!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mario

Post by mario »

I was'nt far away from it and i'm positive it was try! Klein said he was held up,but the ball was on the ground without a doubt!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mario posted:
I was'nt far away from it and i'm positive it was try! Klein said he was held up,but the ball was on the ground without a doubt!
It for reasons like this that you need a video ref at every game. You dion't need a big acreen for that just the video and an official to view it and to communicate their decision to the ref.

The comment by Betts was he thought the rule was the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacking side and there was certainly doubt over the incident.

Dave
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

totally agree. the video ref is defo an improvement to our game and a lot more sports should follow suit.we could even try the american system where the coach can challenge a call and if he,s wrong his team get penalised
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

waterside glens posted:
totally agree. the video ref is defo an improvement to our game and a lot more sports should follow suit.we could even try the american system where the coach can challenge a call and if he,s wrong his team get penalised
Should have a system used in the NRL where they have them in every match. The challenge by the coach is an interesting one but its use in American Football is limited as it took so long to finish a game.

We should use Video ref in all SL games for Tries and 40/20.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Look in the papers, its all history..."it wasn't a try!"
anyhow, its all balanced out cos he gave you the first try which was a definate knock-on.

:D
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Look in the papers, its all history..."it wasn't a try!"
anyhow, its all balanced out cos he gave you the first try which was a definate knock-on.

:D
Perhaps - but I, and others, would still like to see a video ref at all games, even if we sometimes suffer from their decisions. I suspect if we'd had a video ref at the UTC game, for example, Wilde's try would have been disallowed, but I still want them used more, in the name of fairness. I realise there would be expense involved, but maybe a sponsor could be found? Specsavers?
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I wasn't far either Mario, didn't he say it was double movement as in held up first time and then put it down therefore double movement. If the weather had been like todays we might have got away with it but it was sunny and dry and I don't think Dallas arm bounced up that high and that far over the line on momentum!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry:
It was'nt a try. WE LOST !!!!!!

Check in the papers...... WE LOST !!!!

WE_NEED_A_COACH

:angry: :angry: