Wane to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Wane to go

Post by jobo »

butt monkey wrote:Only question I have is

When is a knock on not a knock on?

When it is done by Leeds! :roll:
Or even better, when is a not forward pass given as a forward pass?

When it's given against Wigan when playing Leeds
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

jobo wrote:
butt monkey wrote:Only question I have is

When is a knock on not a knock on?

When it is done by Leeds! :roll:
Or even better, when is a not forward pass given as a forward pass?

When it's given against Wigan when playing Leeds
Mike has all ready alluded that the pass was forward out the hands. I used the line markings on the pitch and have to say it was marginal at best. Yet it was not the referee that gave it but the touch judge
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Joel Tomkins is shite
Sam Powell is shite
Matty Smith is no good without Green, he's had a good go, time to let PM have his dream and pair Hampshire with Williams, simply put we where piss poor when Mickey Mac was off the pitch, more of the same again next year.

At least i won't to look at Sinfield or listen to the lovefest when he kicks a shitty 40/20 again :angry:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Joke to say Wane has to go.

With the youngest team I have seen in years we
Ended second in the league and lost buy 2 points in the GF.

Trophieless for two season yes but with a drain on talent and youngster being used to replace them we are competing and for two years we have been the second best team in the league..

Felt sorry for smith today. He's not a world beater but he's generally very solid and has a low error rate. Tonight his two knock ons cost us :(
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:WE blew it but was that down to Wane. I am not a fan but we gave them 2 tries. It would be interesting to see who made the call for 2 when ahead. I think we should have kept the pressure on and gone for 6. Still hindsight etc etc.
Does it matter if today the team blew it when considering if the coach is the right man for the job?

Given we are going to go into next season with a side very little changed from this and minus a goal kicker now Bowen has gone I have no confidence Wane will get any more out of the team than he has this season which has not been enough.

He's made some poor decisions this season and I don't know if its him, IL or both but the seeming aversion to signing player and obsession with the belief that the current squad is good enough is baffling because it just isn't.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Not joining the usual post mortem or blame game, but well done to every one of the lads tonight. Some errors but no question whatsoever re commitment/effort. Proud of every player.

I remember Wembley 1984 against Mick Adams' Widnes team We lost but the next 10 years were ours. Ditto tonight IMO.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:WE blew it but was that down to Wane. I am not a fan but we gave them 2 tries. It would be interesting to see who made the call for 2 when ahead. I think we should have kept the pressure on and gone for 6. Still hindsight etc etc.
Does it matter if today the team blew it when considering if the coach is the right man for the job?

Given we are going to go into next season with a side very little changed from this and minus a goal kicker now Bowen has gone I have no confidence Wane will get any more out of the team than he has this season which has not been enough.

He's made some poor decisions this season and I don't know if its him, IL or both but the seeming aversion to signing player and obsession with the belief that the current squad is good enough is baffling because it just isn't.
Where is the squad for 2016 not good enough Dave?

I am no Wane fan. I think interchanging Mac hurt us today; 2 points when 2 up hurt us but equally the players on the pitch blew it today v a tremendously gutsy never say die Leeds team.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

morley pie eater wrote:Not joining the usual post mortem or blame game, but well done to every one of the lads tonight. Some errors but no question whatsoever re commitment/effort. Proud of every player.

I remember Wembley 1984 against Mick Adams' Widnes team We lost but the next 10 years were ours. Ditto tonight IMO.
1984 we were nowhere near good enough, you cannot say that re 2015, nor 2014, nor 2013, nor 2012, nor 2011, nor 2010.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think we are weak at centre and goal kicking. If the hampshire williams partnership works out then we're ok at HB. Not too many areas of weakness.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Centre is a tad worrying. Gildart will get better and better. We ned to know if Sarge is staying and decide whether or not we continue with Gels.

If Williams and Hampshire does not work; Sharrock is not far behind.