Castleford tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Castleford tonight

Post by Kittwazzer »

I was at Wakefield on Sunday. Stayed back to applaud our 'walking wounded' because a blind man could see it was a team dead on its feet.
I went tonight expecting another defeat albeit hoping for a more respectable one.
Just five minutes in and I knew we had put our health problems behind us and my confidence in the team was back. We would have nilled Cas tonight if Bentham had been on TV.

Panic over and how good is it that Leeds and Huddersfield kick started their season as well!
:D
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Think if you'd have offered us that result at 10 to 8 we'd have all taken it. Mossop starting to like like the player he once was, easily his best game since he's been back. Still lacking that final pass to finish off moves.

Good to see Dom Crosby back, carried well. Bateman is just a machine. I think Tomkins was named skipper tonight but Bateman led that side tonight, a future club and national captain in the making.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Bateman is to good for SL, but I am far from complaining that he plays with us!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Its not been mentioned yet, bur credit where its due, smiths kicking game was fantastic tonight. Long and short.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

i have no clue what Bentham was looking at for their second try. Not only was the ball knocked forward from the bomb, there was a knock on before it was passed to the try scorer.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

i'm spartacus wrote:i have no clue what Bentham was looking at for their second try. Not only was the ball knocked forward from the bomb, there was a knock on before it was passed to the try scorer.
I was up out of my seat calling Bentham all the names under the sun with that run in to their second try.

Was bloody fuming with Luke Gale & all. He was off side all bloody night! :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

To be honest before the game I wasn't best pleased that they were still all out of position, but fair play to them & Waney, they did us proud

Chuffed for them lads tonight, still not 100% same team bar JB but a completely different one to the one last week.

Well Done ????????????????????⚪️????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Good win tonight, but Phil Bentham did his best to give Castleford all the help he could. the standard of refereeing was disgraceful. The level of refereeing in our game is woeful, it is a joke from top to bottom. ours is a great game spoiled by numpties. :(
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

Well said AdamMac.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Enjoyed the game all the lads were fantastic Bateman should stay in the centres he has more room there cant fault anybody all had a good game .Bentham well what can I say he is always the same for us.