Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Hampshire

Post by cpwigan »

Meds how many young players, even seasoned players can possibly play FB, Wing and 6/7 ?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:Meds how many young players, even seasoned players can possibly play FB, Wing and 6/7 ?
Wigan players I can remember,
Billy Boston, Eric Ashton, Ashton, Kev O'Loughlin, Bill Francis, Colin Tyrer? Jason Robinson, Shaun Edwards.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

cpwigan wrote:Having just watched the SL Show he looked very good on the wing. Is he is at Wigan next season I can see him being very good as a winger when neede.
With all due respect Cas played him on the wing and bingo,at last the answer to their prayers?

He simply has failed miserably over there as the saying goes,one swallow doesn't make a summer and it's very apt in this lad.

Time to move on,I don't know why he was held in such high regard,the jump up from youth to pro rugby is a big one and I just don't think he's made the grade,he'd better served moving on perhaps dropping down maybe and plying his trade there.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Maybe because he has the same if not better record than Sam did and if like Sam he is given an opportunity he might well be a fantastic player for Wigan.

And the youngster revealed that it has been a difficult transition.

“It has been testing,” he told the Yorkshire Evening Post.

“I think I’ve come from a system at Wigan which is totally different to here and it has been hard to get in. But these things happen. I took the risk to come to Cas and I do think you have to take risks in this sport. That’s what I’ve done.
“I’ve stuck my neck out and it’s not quite paid off but I’m confident in myself that something will happen.”

The youngster moved to the wing during his recent appearance in an attempt to impress Daryl Powell.

“I put my hand up to play as we were struggling for wingers

“It was the first time I’d ever played there but I’ve not been playing and thought why not have a new challenge.”
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:Meds how many young players, even seasoned players can possibly play FB, Wing and 6/7 ?
Patrick Ah Van
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
Patrick Ah Van
Poor show meds, that's only 1 player you've mentioned, albeit a superstar at that ????????
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:Maybe because he has the same if not better record than Sam did and if like Sam he is given an opportunity he might well be a fantastic player for Wigan.

And the youngster revealed that it has been a difficult transition.

“It has been testing,” he told the Yorkshire Evening Post.

“I think I’ve come from a system at Wigan which is totally different to here and it has been hard to get in. But these things happen. I took the risk to come to Cas and I do think you have to take risks in this sport. That’s what I’ve done.
“I’ve stuck my neck out and it’s not quite paid off but I’m confident in myself that something will happen.”

The youngster moved to the wing during his recent appearance in an attempt to impress Daryl Powell.

“I put my hand up to play as we were struggling for wingers

“It was the first time I’d ever played there but I’ve not been playing and thought why not have a new challenge.”
A good assessment cpwigan with a better understanding of what it must be like to leave the 'Wigan Way' and go to a alien system on a loan deal.

Every time I have seen him of television, he has played quite well in spite of possibly losing some confidence with being with a struggling and inconsistent team.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:
Patrick Ah Van
6 and 7 LOL. your getting desperate Meds.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Is the reason why he is playing wing because he can't play 6/7 or FB?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Is the reason why he is playing wing because he can't play 6/7 or FB?
? :eusa17: