Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Hampshire

Post by cpwigan »

Having just watched the SL Show he looked very good on the wing. Is he is at Wigan next season I can see him being very good as a winger when neede.
nathan_rugby

Re: Hampshire

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wane has mentioned our hookers and halves for next season in relation to Tommy L and salary cap etc. On two occasions he has omitted Hampshire which suggests to me he isn't going to be here.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
markill

Post by markill »

nathan_rugby wrote:Wane has mentioned our hookers and halves for next season in relation to Tommy L and salary cap etc. On two occasions he has omitted Hampshire which suggests to me he isn't going to be here.
Or he doesn't see him as a half
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

So he is not a half at SL level, nor a FB but now can do a job on the wing, his Dad will be fuming with that!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Looks to me that he would/should take a better role as a utility player and tell his advisors where to go .He can play full back in the halves and now on the wing. His loan at Castleford was wasted if he had stayed he would have had more game time at Wigan doing the job that Tierney did and he has been rewarded with extended contract. Still think he would come to bite us in the bum if he left. Hampshire has pace to burn .
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He reminded me somewhat of Jason Robinson in terms of fast feet / step.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jaws1 wrote:Looks to me that he would/should take a better role as a utility player and tell his advisors where to go .He can play full back in the halves and now on the wing. His loan at Castleford was wasted if he had stayed he would have had more game time at Wigan doing the job that Tierney did and he has been rewarded with extended contract. Still think he would come to bite us in the bum if he left. Hampshire has pace to burn .

really? hes show a good game at wing but has dont nothing at cas apart from that. i generally don't think we would get burned by him if he went at the same time, how long until Mandfredi is nicked by a NRL team and we are looking for another winger. :D
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

One good game and he is a world beater again :lol:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:One good game and he is a world beater again :lol:
With a new position, which is the reason why he left us in the first place because he wasn't going to play half back!!

This is all a bit strange to me, I have always said he needs to do his talking on the field, something he is struggling to do for whatever reason.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

medlocke wrote:One good game and he is a world beater again :lol:
No I am not saying he is a world beater he has speed though bit foolish not to have taken the full back role at Wigan this season would have had more game time Tierney took it by the horns and got himself a new contract.