Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Apparently a leyther, interesting.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

SJ wrote:No. He's a polish asylum seeker. Don't let on to Whelley W :cool:
If he is of Polish origin, no doubt he will do a good job as unlike some of our own, not workshy!
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Apparently a leyther, interesting.
Him and his family used sit in front of me at the back of the East Stand for quite a few seasons.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
SJ wrote:No. He's a polish asylum seeker. Don't let on to Whelley W :cool:
If he is of Polish origin, no doubt he will do a good job as unlike some of our own, not workshy!
Name sounds more Baltic in origin to me. Or possibly Finnish?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Finnmark
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Meet Super League's newest referee

SCOTT MIKALAUSKAS WILL MAKE HIS TOP FLIGHT DEBUT AS WIGAN TAKE ON WAKEFIELD THIS WEEKEND.

Scott Mikalauskas, of the Leigh Referees Society, will make his First Utility Super League debut as he takes charge of Wigan's Round 1 Super 8s clash against Wakefield at the DW Stadium on Friday night.

He still plays for North West Men’s League Division One outfit Golbourne Parkside, making four appearances in 2016 alongside winning the NWML Trophy and Division Two title in 2015.

The 27-year-old, who scored three tries in ten appearances for the club last year, took up refereeing in February 2009 and progressed quickly, taking charge of the under 15s Lancashire Cup Final within six months as well as being a touch judge in a Reserve fixture between Warrington and Leeds.

Speaking in 2009, he said: "At first, it was just something for my CV to help me on my way to becoming a teacher but, as I progressed, so did my interest.

"I'd like to get to Super League - why not? I want to get as far as I can."

After progressing in the National Conference League and Super League Academy, Mikalauskas refereed his first Challenge Cup game in 2012 when Hunslet Warriors took on Whitehaven.

He has gone on to become a regular at Kingstone Press League 1 and Championship fixtures over the last three years and refereed the iPro Sport Cup Final between Keighley Cougars and York City Knights at the Summer Bash in May.

His last outing was Swinton's clash with Batley in the final round of the regular Championship season two weeks ago.

Want to follow in Scott's footsteps?

Start your journey towards becoming a Rugby League Match Official in three easy steps by clicking HERE.

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/381 ... Zl1Ez.dpuf
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Bilko wrote:
Him and his family used sit in front of me at the back of the East Stand for quite a few seasons.
Are you a leyther Bilko?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Bilko wrote:
Are you a leyther Bilko?
Nah, he lives round the corner from me ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Warrior1872

Post by Warrior1872 »

He cant be any worse than that performance from last week,Bentham gave 2 penalties for high tackles in the wire v stains game that were on the bloody shoulder i bet Sarginson wishes he had got that sort of protection instead of having his nose smashed across his face
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:lol: Has Bilko ever been so insulted