Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Gelling

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Nezza Faz wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Not a big fan of his, a bit too inconsistent and erratic, however Friday he was top drawer and his try and celebration was a joy to watch. So much I've replayed it a dozen times!!

Just wondering then WW, what would it take to be a fan of his ?

He is a bit of a "maverick", but he's improved each season (despite missing most of this season, out injured).

Interesting to get your take on him, along with any others.
I've said it in my post!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Not a big fan of his, a bit too inconsistent and erratic, however Friday he was top drawer and his try and celebration was a joy to watch. So much I've replayed it a dozen times!!

Just wondering then WW, what would it take to be a fan of his ?

He is a bit of a "maverick", but he's improved each season (despite missing most of this season, out injured).

Interesting to get your take on him, along with any others.
I've said it in my post!
Without doubt Gelling is inconsistent and erratic at times but for me he is improving all the time and I just love watching him play RL.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I've gave him credit on Friday because he was excellent. I want to see him consistently like that and if he does the same for the remainder of the season then I'll be happy to give him credit again, as, indeed, any player.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
BriH

Post by BriH »

He is improving and I like him a lot.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I know gellings been injured quite a lot of the season but when he's played he doesn't seem as erratic as he has been in the past, seems abit more disciplined with the ball. One of the stand out performers for us, along with Bateman and williams
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

IMO he is a very good athlete but too inconsistent to be classed as a top class centre.He may gain consistency as he matures.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Anybody else here his MOM interview with Angela Power After the Wire game ? Asked about his try he says the fans got me to the line "Look at them over there letting off flares and all carrying on " .Absolute legendery nutcase is Gells ,something thats been missing from our team for a while .Long may he reign..
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Gelling is as important/vital for this present Wigan set up in a similar but more important way than Tautai. Potential match winner.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I heard him say that about the flares.
Just wondered if he was referring to flashes from mobile phones when photos were being taken when he scored his try.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I heard him say that about the flares.
Just wondered if he was referring to flashes from mobile phones when photos were being taken when he scored his try.
There were flares set off Ted up at the back :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan