Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Gelling

Post by Kittwazzer »

Was just musing about how poetic it was that Gelling's try sealed the game on the night Stevo chose to eulogise Lee 'King of the Interception' Briers! :lol:
SJ

Re: Gelling

Post by SJ »

My thoughts too Kitt :cool:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

That's because stevo is full of s**t. He hates Wigan and he makes it fairly obvious, bring on his retirement! He needs to take that idiot Eddie with him as well
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Barney841 wrote:That's because stevo is full of s**t. He hates Wigan and he makes it fairly obvious, bring on his retirement! He needs to take that idiot Eddie with him as well

I'd say the afore mentioned "Eddie" is the bigot who hates Wigan the most, he just can't cut any success we might get.

Stevo is just a "muck sprayer", not really too biased, just out to cause as much controversy to please his "Sky" paymaster ? Not a bad guy, in reality, Barney.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Maybe nezza. I've never like him as a commentator to be honest, he bores the hell out of me. Aussie commentators are well better, funnier as well
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Has a calf injury. Didn't train all week and was 50-50 in the warm up (post match interview with AG). Think he'll be rested against Catalan and saved for the play offs?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I just love him and not ashamed to admit it, breath of fresh air he is!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Not a big fan of his, a bit too inconsistent and erratic, however Friday he was top drawer and his try and celebration was a joy to watch. So much I've replayed it a dozen times!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Not a big fan of his, a bit too inconsistent and erratic, however Friday he was top drawer and his try and celebration was a joy to watch. So much I've replayed it a dozen times!!

Just wondering then WW, what would it take to be a fan of his ?

He is a bit of a "maverick", but he's improved each season (despite missing most of this season, out injured).

Interesting to get your take on him, along with any others.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

He was the best centre in SL before his injury and he's well on the way to becoming that again.
After the Wire game I don't think too many teams will direct their kick off towards Gelling. The pace and power of his kick returns is exceptional and he drives hard into their forwards yet gets a quick ptb too.
A very good Rugby player IMO.