Injury Update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Injury Update

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I wasn't suggesting the injuries are down to lack of discipline, what I was highlighting was that, given that we already had virtually no back up, to lose players to suspensions for on and off the field activities was under Wane's control. And that fatally weakened us in the league (where we missed out by a point) and the cup (where without Charnley and FPN through suspension, and Bateman under cooked) we lost narrowly.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I wasn't suggesting the injuries are down to lack of discipline, what I was highlighting was that, given that we already had virtually no back up, to lose players to suspensions for on and off the field activities was under Wane's control. And that fatally weakened us in the league (where we missed out by a point) and the cup (where without Charnley and FPN through suspension, and Bateman under cooked) we lost narrowly.
2 grown men having a fight while under the influence of alcohol was not SW's fault in my opinion!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At a guess it happens at every club, even in every sport.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:At a guess it happens at every club, even in every sport.
cp it does, I have seen it with my own eyes on many occasions!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:
Sam’s foot became swollen and sore and was X-rayed last Saturday at Salford Royal.
God I can tell you FACT that Sam T complained post Wire and was then x rayed at Salford and no break showed up which is when I made my posts.

Was Sam bringing it up in the changing rooms, going to Salford, showing no breal; IMAGINARY :doz:
Cp, God is all knowing. He is correct that the serious injury he has did not occur on a rugby field
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have no idea BM. I do know he complained in the changing rooms post Wire that his foot hurt and that the first scan showed no break.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

The reports I have seen carefully avoid stating it was incurred against Warrington, aside from Wigan today saying "according to Shaun Wane...".
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:I have no idea BM. I do know he complained in the changing rooms post Wire that his foot hurt and that the first scane showed no break.
Nigel Wright all over again

Big thing is, this IS a bad injury and one he may not come back from (or at least to what we remember of him)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

So who are all the 15 players out???
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I wasn't suggesting the injuries are down to lack of discipline, what I was highlighting was that, given that we already had virtually no back up, to lose players to suspensions for on and off the field activities was under Wane's control. And that fatally weakened us in the league (where we missed out by a point) and the cup (where without Charnley and FPN through suspension, and Bateman under cooked) we lost narrowly.
2 grown men having a fight while under the influence of alcohol was not SW's fault in my opinion!
Didn't the club and in particular Wane organise the trip to the races?

I don't know if you have ever been to horse racing but living as I do in Chester with its race course the one thing you will guarantee is a city full of totally wasted people on race day! Some of the pubs don't even open. They don't want the business.

If the club/Wane organised the trip to the races they were bonkers.