What is the truth

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: What is the truth

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Correct.

But that does not adhere to the ones who swallow what they are told by the club.
Talk me through our injuries and give me evidence that links them to training methods, also show me how many more injuries we have to ankles and knees compared to other SL clubs...........
Its not just knees ankles. All body parts need time to recover. Even the little old ligament whilst stressed can break.

Body can go so far before it breaks down. Not all injuries are related to body stress but some will be. Even if true re a certain players injury last season after Wire game that can still be down to over worked body. It needs looking at.

You think what is going on is bad luck this has been happening since 2013 on where we are missing way too many players.

Classic example of over stressed body Gelling at Wakey last season runs 40 meters for a muscle to go. Classic example of a body part over worked to breaking point. Even cartligaes and ligaments need proper rest. And now he is injured again.

The players pride themselves on been the fittest in SL but it comes at a cost.
So how many of these type of injuries do we have compared to other SL clubs? Do we have significantly more?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

mickw wrote:I'm past caring.
^This

The only thing the club does consistently is lie, it's not just lack of information they blatantly lie to the fans. I've stopped going to away games because why should I take time of work for a company (because that's what Wigan Warriors is) that doesn't give two fks about the people who support them financially.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Talk me through our injuries and give me evidence that links them to training methods, also show me how many more injuries we have to ankles and knees compared to other SL clubs...........
Its not just knees ankles. All body parts need time to recover. Even the little old ligament whilst stressed can break.

Body can go so far before it breaks down. Not all injuries are related to body stress but some will be. Even if true re a certain players injury last season after Wire game that can still be down to over worked body. It needs looking at.

You think what is going on is bad luck this has been happening since 2013 on where we are missing way too many players.

Classic example of over stressed body Gelling at Wakey last season runs 40 meters for a muscle to go. Classic example of a body part over worked to breaking point. Even cartligaes and ligaments need proper rest. And now he is injured again.

So how many of these type of injuries do we have compared to other SL clubs? Do we have significantly more?
Read above again

Also if the number injuries rises across all teams then something needs looking at. No point doing what you seem to do on this stick your head in the sand and hope it gets better. Its not its getting worse on us week in week out.

But has Leeds, Saints, Cas, Hull or others missed so many key players for 4 year period.

If they have then the game has become too dangerous and it needs looking at even it rules have to be changed. But firstly IL should be looking at what is going wrong with the amount we have first.

Or are you happy for this to carry on.
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Its not just knees ankles. All body parts need time to recover. Even the little old ligament whilst stressed can break.

Read above again
I don't need to, once is enough.... now can you answer the above questions that I asked?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: So how many of these type of injuries do we have compared to other SL clubs? Do we have significantly more?
Read above again
I don't need to, once is enough.... now can you answer the above questions that I asked?
You know what sod this place its become a slaning match site. I put additional on mine and you can not bother to read. Going to do what so many have done and leave
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: So how many of these type of injuries do we have compared to other SL clubs? Do we have significantly more?
Read above again
BTW I did answer

Bye
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Moreover, we now have a squad which is picking up ever more serious injuries. Who knows what state they will come back in? Even if they come back in decent nick, they will of course be more susceptible to picking up further injuries. And so it goes on. I could see 2019 as being the next time we can be confident of having a squad with players who are fit and robust enough to play a lot of games. None of the long term injured will be in much shape any time prior to a couple of months into next year. We are also building up a squad of injury prone players.

In the short term, we may get some players back in the summer, but those players will then need "easing back in" - looking at McIllorum's case he has contributed pretty much zero in his first month back (although he did manage to get himself suspended - at least freeing up time to concentrate on swimming with sharks, rather than doing his day job.

While we wait, more players will be injured - the going rate is 2 a game I think. At this rate of attrition, we will lose 5 more games at least by the time the key players are back and anything like able to contribute to the cause. The top 4 will be gone, and we may well find ourselves in a fight to avoid the bottom 4. 23 games pass very quickly when one of your marquee signings is so diligent in his off field behavior and recovery he won't deign to contribute this side of July.

The pity is that this squad, and this coach, have shown that they can be the best side in the competition.

Finally, I can't understand Wane saying that he is happy with performances, that we will have a strong team on Sunday (with McIllorum and Joel in the halves), and that he won't sign anyone. Which is treating us as idiots. He and others talk about luck - he seems to be hoping that our luck will change. That is being willfully blind to the position in which we find ourselves.

Of course, I will support the under 19s teams we will be fielding for the next few months, but feel short changed by the club's "it's fine now and it'll be fine in the future, just a bit of bad luck" - when it's not fine now, there is no reason at all to think it will be fine in the future (or at least before the middle 8s) and when you are running a sporting club unable to field over a dozen of your key members then relying on luck is amateurish at best and willfully reckless at worst.
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Read above again
BTW I did answer

Bye
Bloody hell Gimble bit of an overreaction there but each to their own.
TrueBlueWarrior

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Moreover, we now have a squad which is picking up ever more serious injuries. Who knows what state they will come back in? Even if they come back in decent nick, they will of course be more susceptible to picking up further injuries. And so it goes on. I could see 2019 as being the next time we can be confident of having a squad with players who are fit and robust enough to play a lot of games. None of the long term injured will be in much shape any time prior to a couple of months into next year. We are also building up a squad of injury prone players.

In the short term, we may get some players back in the summer, but those players will then need "easing back in" - looking at McIllorum's case he has contributed pretty much zero in his first month back (although he did manage to get himself suspended - at least freeing up time to concentrate on swimming with sharks, rather than doing his day job.

While we wait, more players will be injured - the going rate is 2 a game I think. At this rate of attrition, we will lose 5 more games at least by the time the key players are back and anything like able to contribute to the cause. The top 4 will be gone, and we may well find ourselves in a fight to avoid the bottom 4. 23 games pass very quickly when one of your marquee signings is so diligent in his off field behavior and recovery he won't deign to contribute this side of July.

The pity is that this squad, and this coach, have shown that they can be the best side in the competition.

Finally, I can't understand Wane saying that he is happy with performances, that we will have a strong team on Sunday (with McIllorum and Joel in the halves), and that he won't sign anyone. Which is treating us as idiots. He and others talk about luck - he seems to be hoping that our luck will change. That is being willfully blind to the position in which we find ourselves.

Of course, I will support the under 19s teams we will be fielding for the next few months, but feel short changed by the club's "it's fine now and it'll be fine in the future, just a bit of bad luck" - when it's not fine now, there is no reason at all to think it will be fine in the future (or at least before the middle 8s) and when you are running a sporting club unable to field over a dozen of your key members then relying on luck is amateurish at best and willfully reckless at worst.
...and through all the adversity!
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

If we get daily updates on the injuries will they heal quicker.Seems to me that missing games because you haven't got the up to date information is ,well let's say there's a hint of arrogance there