What is the truth

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Second Row

What is the truth

Post by Second Row »

Latest is now Sam end June, earlier statements were that he would be end of may early June when will someone tell us what is going on, last year we had this time and time again and then at the end of the GF Wane said 'if people only knew the half of it' meaning injuries, well we would if we were ever told.
Wes

Re: What is the truth

Post by Wes »

What is the truth, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Sorry couldn't resist ????
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I was reading an article on Wigan today which was saying that Lockers predictably has come back injured, but George may be ok for Sunday (though may be back on Sunday normally means out for a month).
Leuluai may be back this month.
As to the others, Gelling is out for up to 6 weeks (= 10 weeks in Wane speak) and that Gildart, Sam and Bateman will be back around the same time.
Bateman himself apparently says he is targeting Leigh in early June.
So, we are in dire straits well into June.
Given that we have 3 more SL games in May - which I would expect us to lose given our injuries - and if you generally lose more than 10 games you can't get into the top 4, we could well find ourselves fighting to stay in the top 8 while the top 4 disappear into the distance by the time these players return. Get a tough cup draw (or indeed go the way of the Giants) and our season is likely to be over by mid June.
Which at least gives us 8 months to get people fit!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i'd hope this season that we look at targeting the challenge cup and not give up on the league but accept that with our current situation is may be a step to far.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Mentioned this a long time ago now.

The lack of transparency from the club regarding injuries/updates to fans is shocking.

Smacks of arrogance to me, which is a crying shame.

No other club acts like this.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

It could be coincidence, bad luck or both but you surely must at least implement a review of the training methods at the club?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wintergreen wrote:It could be coincidence, bad luck or both but you surely must at least implement a review of the training methods at the club?
Correct.

But that does not adhere to the ones who swallow what they are told by the club.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wintergreen wrote:It could be coincidence, bad luck or both but you surely must at least implement a review of the training methods at the club?
The training methods that won us a GF and WCC?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
Correct.

But that does not adhere to the ones who swallow what they are told by the club.
Talk me through our injuries and give me evidence that links them to training methods, also show me how many more injuries we have to ankles and knees compared to other SL clubs...........
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Correct.

Talk me through our injuries and give me evidence that links them to training methods, also show me how many more injuries we have to ankles and knees compared to other SL clubs...........
Its not just knees ankles. All body parts need time to recover. Even the little old ligament whilst stressed can break.

Body can go so far before it breaks down. Not all injuries are related to body stress but some will be. Even if true re a certain players injury last season after Wire game that can still be down to over worked body. It needs looking at.

You think what is going on is bad luck this has been happening since 2013 on where we are missing way too many players.

Classic example of over stressed body Gelling at Wakey last season runs 40 meters for a muscle to go. Classic example of a body part over worked to breaking point. Even cartligaes and ligaments need proper rest. And now he is injured again.

The players pride themselves on been the fittest in SL but it comes at a cost.

Can you name a Side that is missing it starting
1,2,3,4,5(out of position atm),6,7,9,10,13(new rumour)14,15,16,22.