Get rid of list

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Re: Get rid of list

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:
Barney841 wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:I know it's a sarcastic thread but i'll play along as i'm bored.

i'd get rid of the following

Wane - Not got a clue
J Tomkins - Just plain crap
Luluai - Past his sell by date
Gelling - Total liability
FPN - Not arsed
Lockers - Ready for the glue factory.

Make Escare our fullback, Sam to the halfs with Williams, Powell 80 minute prop, MM replaces Lockers, with the money recovered from above players bring in a top class centre and a big tasty prop
Couldn't agree more. Can imagine FPN, lockers and Joel being on a decent wack.
There not worth it and lockers(as it happens to everyone) is at the end of his career, exceptional player but he's 35 this year
I don't half have to read some crap on this site ????

This thread & some of the replies are load of rubbish! Get your heads out of your a**es!

Some of you have been watching the game all of two minutes & think you are all experts! If you believe that, you should apply for a job on the team/coaching staff at Wigan Warriors just to show us what world beaters you really are!
:angry:
You certainly know how to stir things up Josie!!

jao711

Post by jao711 »

I think we are making the same point Josie.
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Sol for the glue factory !
Dark humour that I am sure will have Sol in hysterics.
If only we could find someone good enough to replace him?.But that's the point isn't it,the man is one of Wigans all time greatest players.
I wonder what odds you could get on Sol being the next manager?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I don't think we should get "rid" of SOL but we really do need to start planning for life beyond him and it will mean changing the whole setup of the team.

At the moment when SOL doesn't play there is no link between the forwards and the backs. SOL is still influencing games so i don't see the need to retire him until there is a better 13 in the team, currently there isn't. Infact there arguably still isn't a better 13 in the league, which is why he hasn't already been replaced

As for who would be on my "get rid" list it depends whether people mean on current form or what i think they are capable of under a new coach or change of regime.

We have a very very good team on paper, we are short in a few positions like centre, and we have no proper goal kicker but he have an excellent team

the only person i can't see improvement in is Wane, as I've said been on a downward slide since his first year. He has the best squad in the league IMO at his disposal
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Ok SOL Has been a great player for Wigan but it is about time this club planned for the future.Most of the players on the above lists are not good enough.As for Wane i think he has took the club as far as he could.But there will be still people on here sticking up for him
markill

Post by markill »

Caboosegg wrote: have you not watched how much our form dips when lockers leaves the field.also doesnt very little of his wage count on cap due to how long hes been here?
I believe there is some element of misconception in this, as there's nothing in the salary cap regulations that covers this supposed exemption of much of Lockers salary.

Either way, whilst I don't feel he's been consistently meeting his own very high standards this year, there is still often a drop off form the team like you say. If he thinks he can play on then he should, I don't feel he's quite ready for the knackers yard yet, but he can't continue to be so significant to this team as it feels like he still is.

On the thread...I'd prefer to think of a get in list rather than a get rid list. A specific attack coach with new ideas is what we need the most. I also think another top line big body middle forward (be it to play prop or loose) who can pass would be great, but they don't grow on trees, some teams don't even have one let alone one going spare! Quality, experienced depth at centre would be good too - although we had no such winger depth before this year kicked off and now we have Marshall and Davies.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
moto748

Post by moto748 »

old hooker wrote:
I thought this was a forum and people were allowed to criticise

This. It's what we're here for. Plenty I don't agree with too, but that's life, isn't it?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I don't think there was much wrong in what I said, like it's been said it's an opinion. SOL has been exceptional for us but like someone's said we should be planning without him now. Wages or not we still relying on a player that is coming to the end of his career. And for your information josie I've been a supporter of Wigan for 25 years
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Barney841 wrote:I don't think there was much wrong in what I said, like it's been said it's an opinion. SOL has been exceptional for us but like someone's said we should be planning without him now. Wages or not we still relying on a player that is coming to the end of his career. And for your information josie I've been a supporter of Wigan for 25 years
History should tell the story on this one, We waited too long to plan for life without Farrell and when 2005 came we were ridiculously ill equipped to deal with his loss. That one didnt pan out well for us, nor will Lockers if we leave it too late.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

There need only be one name on the "get rid" list. And that is Wane's.

With a new coach you'd soon see several players vanish from the team quite quickly or miraculously show skills and discipline none (including Wane) knew they had. :wink: