Re: WESTS VICTORIOUS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

Hate to say it, but based on our previous years in the transfer markets, make a sentence which include the words "Snowball's" "chance" and "Hell".
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

I'm a little surprised that no-one has mentioned all the swearing on national/international TV. Matty Johns didn't know where to put his face, or his microphone!

The Aussies are supposed to be the ultimate professionals - another myth destroyed. Can you imagine the furore there would be if this happened on Sky TV in our own GF?
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

I would hope that the RFL or the clubs themselves would have the disciplinary procedures in place for that.

After all, it is touted as a "family game". But when I watched Rugby League Raw last year, brand image appeared to come second best to the game itself.

I know that people will say that "they're only human" but as role models to the kids and youngsters who aspire to play the game, I don't want that kind of thing tainting the game.

Let soccer have that kind of thing, I don't want to see that behaviour when I start taking my younger relatives to RL games.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I only heard Pat Richards swear, did someone else too?

At the end of the day they're only words and they can't hurt anyone and it's not as if they were said in malice like the Saints fans wishing Newton to die. I'd be more concerned about dangerous tackles than hearing a few swear words. I don't think the NRL or RFL would punish anyone and I don't think it makes a player a thug for being passionate and using the odd F work.
superleague

Post by superleague »

dont be soft there only words. there emotions were all over the place and they didnt really think about what they were saying cause they were so excited.
willie c

Post by willie c »

robjoenz posted:
I only heard Pat Richards swear, did someone else too?

At the end of the day they're only words and they can't hurt anyone and it's not as if they were said in malice like the Saints fans wishing Newton to die. I'd be more concerned about dangerous tackles than hearing a few swear words. I don't think the NRL or RFL would punish anyone and I don't think it makes a player a thug for being passionate and using the odd F work.
yeah two or three wests players as matty johns was talking to them on the pitch as they where walking round his face was a picture
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought the Cowboys had the better of the opening spell and looked on top for a short spell in the second half. Two quality teams means you never dominate from start to finish pie eater :wink:

However, the Tigers are so damn lethal. Near the line you just know Prince or Marshall are going to create an opening and theyre not bad from deep either. How good was Richards try :D Pat showed true character to just play but he did well for both his try and the disallowed effort.
willie c

Post by willie c »

yeah pats try was great that flick pass was something else marshall is some player and will only get better well done the tigers
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

pie eaters posted:
2 THINGS 1. HE IS AN AUSSIE AND 2. HE IS OVER THE HILL AND I THOUGHT WE WAS PAST THE STAGE OF GETTING OVER THE HILL PLAYERS
27 is over the hill is it ?
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

Patty will prove a seriously good signing, as that was him following an injury we all suspected would have put him out for months!Wow!
He has all the qualities to be a good centre, strong as an ox - see that fend off!, fast and good vision. Him and calders will prove to be the fastest centre/winger partnership next year, and you can just see a massive hand off by Pat and a quick flick of the ball and they'l be as good as anything anyone else has in this dept.
Lyon wont be as good without Albert - Meli doesnt have the speed to make the gaps count as much.

Question is, if Millward plays these two new signings together, do you think they'll be as good as Hape/Vino are playing now? :wink:
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.