Partington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Partington

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I’m not too concerned, I think we will be a different outfit next week and I also expect the referee to be less whistle happy.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:28 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:10 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:54 pm

5 pens in the first 20 if I remember correctly. Do we ever go away to Yorkshire and get the benefit of the doubt from them, certainly don’t at cas and Leeds
That’s were they scored the first three tries were scored what’s the saying? ‘ Penalty, penalty try’ that happened for those tries & we ended up on the back foot!
The basketball pass from from Connor in front of the ref for their try was forward & he just gave it. Why?

I don’t mind losing to a team but not when the team has an extra guy playing for them. There are two teams out there, it’s hard enough without the ref kicking the sh** out of you as a 14th man for the opposition!
They’re an absolute mile offside for that try that made it 24-18 as well. Think we all knew this run of away games was gonna test us.
They always do & I’ve said for years it’s something that needs addressing by the club! On the road for eight weeks, Hull FC or Huddersfield don’t have to do this & they share with a football team!! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:04 am
Dreamteam wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:28 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:10 pm

That’s were they scored the first three tries were scored what’s the saying? ‘ Penalty, penalty try’ that happened for those tries & we ended up on the back foot!
The basketball pass from from Connor in front of the ref for their try was forward & he just gave it. Why?

I don’t mind losing to a team but not when the team has an extra guy playing for them. There are two teams out there, it’s hard enough without the ref kicking the sh** out of you as a 14th man for the opposition!
They’re an absolute mile offside for that try that made it 24-18 as well. Think we all knew this run of away games was gonna test us.
They always do & I’ve said for years it’s something that needs addressing by the club! On the road for eight weeks, Hull FC or Huddersfield don’t have to do this & they share with a football team!! 🤨
Given the state of the pitch this season I can understand why they are on the road,but time and again this happens seemingly for no reason as you say other clubs don’t do this.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It happens because the Latics treat us like s—-.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:56 pm It happens because the Latics treat us like s—-.
And the club lets them sadly ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:05 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:56 pm It happens because the Latics treat us like s—-.
IL is a doormat, the end
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

If the Latics could they would get rid of us. But they couldn't afford to do so as we bring more money in than they do!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

If we have to move out for 8 weeks every year why don't we move what should be home fixtures to Leigh Sports Village at least the club gets some income and the fans not shelling out for away matches.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:05 pm
How so?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jaws1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:17 pm If we have to move out for 8 weeks every year why don't we move what should be home fixtures to Leigh Sports Village at least the club gets some income and the fans not shelling out for away matches.
Because then the number of home games we play at Wigan would be less than they currently are and we would therefore be worse off financially?

Weird comment.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."