Tickle and Anderson??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Tickle and Anderson?? ...

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

it doesn't matter if they give a penalty away, they were giving penatlties away for less, they need to be a team and be united they shouldn't let that happen to one of the squad penaty or no penalty, im not sayin they should start a brawl with him, but they should make it clear he can put a big hit in fine but standing over and shouting at the player as hes flat on his back is not on!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
turf

Post by turf »

I agree, shouting at a man when he is flat on his back (as Tickle was) is an EXTREMELY poor image for the game of rugby league.

I also agree with what someone has said on here, because someone ie a trainer or the doctor should have been alerted to come on the field and check Tickle out.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was a fair hit. Basically tickle was the only player to pass to which made him a sitting duck, he did not Anderson was their and turned as he got hit. The shouting, so what. Typical Saints.
AndyWright

Post by AndyWright »

im sorry but if tickle was on my team and anderson did that to him i would have to start a riot!

the tackle was legal and a very good tackle... but why insult him by shouting at him when he was in coocoo land? alright he was gloating but there was simply no need for it.

he would have got a serious word off me if i was his captain
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Oh youd have to hit everybody. It goes on all over the park. Same when they pat somebopdy on the back after a mistake. Anderson tonight, Jarrod McCracken behaved exactly the same after poleaxing Bell at KR. What comes around, goes around
27nowt

Re: Tickle and Anderson??

Post by 27nowt »

Agree totally, last time I saw anything as disgusting as that reaction to an admittedly f air tackle was Tommy Martyn against Rob Smyth at CentralPark. Stains deserved the win but what an improvement. Dobson definitely makea a difference. Still in with a shout of staying up.
steve_oh

Re: Tickle and Anderson??

Post by steve_oh »

Players have long memories, just hope somebody remembers Vinnie next year and says "Hello", provided we play Stains next year?
Donald_Bumsfelt

Post by Donald_Bumsfelt »

turf posted:
I agree, shouting at a man when he is flat on his back (as Tickle was) is an EXTREMELY poor image for the game of rugby league.
Yet the picture of Ali stood over & taunting a prostrate Sonny Liston is one of the most iconic sporting images of all time...............

Let's be serious here. This is a man's game & hits like THAT are part & parcel of our great sport. Despite it being by a Saint, that hit was worth the admission money alone. The hit was fair, Anderson was pumped up & had it been Tickle who knocked Anderson on his arse like that, they'd have heard the cheer all the way over Billinge hill.

Besides, I recall Newton having a little word & congratulatory hair ruffle towards the back end of last season with a certain someone so I don't think we can feel too aggrieved. What goes around etc & I'm certain Tickle has a long enough memory to go looking for him next time out.............
Donald_Bumsfelt

Post by Donald_Bumsfelt »

For anyone who missed it last night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iynB3IWI ... 20anderson
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
it was a legal hit no doubt about that but there seemed to be real malice in what anderson was saying, not the usual Karl Pratt'esk big hit gloat, he seemed to have a real go at him and again why did none of the wigan lot come to help!
Because since Scully and Newton left we have no fire left in the team. If them two had still been there the next drive would have been one of them straight at Anderson!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3