Tickle and Anderson??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Tickle and Anderson??

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to one of 2 questions?

1) why after that big hit on tickle was vinnie anderson screaming at him and why did no wigan player go to help tickle by either telling vinnie to shut up or making him shut up?

2) Why was there no mention of tickles dad, who if anyone doesn't know died in Isreal at the age of 42 mysteriously (source wigan reporter)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Champions

Re: Tickle and Anderson?? plus...

Post by Champions »

I thought Danny's dad died a year ago because it was int he papers saying he was playing 24 hours after he died.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Tickle and Anderson?? ...

sorry my fault the article was on the inquest, it only mentions the date once and i missed it the first time of reading, my first question still stands though
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
sorry my fault the article was on the inquest, it only mentions the date once and i missed it the first time of reading, my first question still stands though
It looked like a legal hit to me, just a BIG one! Legal unlike many of the others, I might add.
I'd guess Anderson was just gloating.
Wigan_forever1985

it was a legal hit no doubt about that but there seemed to be real malice in what anderson was saying, not the usual Karl Pratt'esk big hit gloat, he seemed to have a real go at him and again why did none of the wigan lot come to help!
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

I dont know why,but what I do know is that it shows a lack of team spirit when players dont back up their teammates in these situations. But it was a HUGE hit. Otherwise a very encouraging performance, it seems like the forwards are working quite well, especially with the boost of Hock's return. And with Dobson giving us the type of field postion that Moran never did it all looks much brighter for the remainder of the season.
Champions

Post by Champions »

it was a legal hit no doubt about that but there seemed to be real malice in what anderson was saying, not the usual Karl Pratt'esk big hit gloat, he seemed to have a real go at him and again why did none of the wigan lot come to help!
The only reason I can think for him having a go, is if something happened before, or he thought Tickle was faking it so he was telling him to get up and stuff. Others players should have helped him though.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Champions posted:
The only reason I can think for him having a go, is if something happened before, or he thought Tickle was faking it so he was telling him to get up and stuff. Others players should have helped him though.
But then Klown would have penalised them for getting involved.
Champions

Post by Champions »

GeoffN posted:
Champions posted:
But then Klown would have penalised them for getting involved.
That's a fair point.
Wigan_forever1985

I dont think he thought tickle was faking it cos as soon as tickle hit the ground anderson was on him like a rash if i were a wigan player i know i couldn't stand and watch while a saint player stood over a man and shouted abuse at him, they only down side for the night in my eyes, i would of liked to see someone come to the aid of tickle but yeah as previously said an otherwise encouraging performance