Micky Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Re: Micky Mac

Post by AdamMac »

God wrote:Same ref, no sending off. Results?? worse than the Lafrachi incident. On report 2 match ban IIRC.

Again if you think Macks hit was worse than this you need your eyes tested.

CORRUPT RFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo4_Aqsv ... re=related

Maybe this will change the minds of blinkered opinion.
SA GOT NOTHING FOR THIS 'TACKLE' NOTHING AT ALL. NO BAN WHAT SO EVER. NOTHING.

UNBELIEVABLE. CHECK THE RFL'S WEBSITE. NOTHING.
BriH

Post by BriH »

I think a 3 match ban is unfair.
Two points.
First, he was sent off early in the game and, arguably, that's why we lost. That, in itself is punishment. Three matches is essentially ignoring this.
Second, how about a bit of leniency when this could mean he (maybe) loses out on Grand Final appearance. Where is the justice in this?
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

BriH wrote:I think a 3 match ban is unfair.
Two points.
First, he was sent off early in the game and, arguably, that's why we lost. That, in itself is punishment. Three matches is essentially ignoring this.
Second, how about a bit of leniency when this could mean he (maybe) loses out on Grand Final appearance. Where is the justice in this?
It's not the first time a player has missed a final through being sent off.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Ok, I'm absolutely LIVID about this, so I've done a bit of research & found a two similar cases with very different outcomes.

Mcilorum

Previous record this season. 1 match ban for punching Emila. Reduced to 0 games as he took EGP.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/disciplinary/item?3783

He then gets sent off in the 14th minute against saints for a SWINGING ARM.

Punishment: a 2-3 grade c ban, outcome 3 game ban.

Setimeta SA

Previous record this season. 2 match ban for dangerous contact on Chris tuson in March.

I know refer you to GODS post earlier showing the SWINGING ARM on sam tomkins in June. Makes clear contact with the jaw and nothing else. SA RECIVED NO SENDING OFF AND NO FURTHER BAN.

This in itself should be used IMO as a defence for mcilorum. Both have previous this season then both commit a very high shot that conects with the jaw of an opponent. one get sent off and 3 further matches and one get nothing at all.

AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

AdamMac wrote:Ok, I'm absolutely LIVID about this, so I've done a bit of research & found a two similar cases with very different outcomes.

Mcilorum

Previous record this season. 1 match ban for punching Emila. Reduced to 0 games as he took EGP.

He then gets sent off in the 14th minute against saints for a SWINGING ARM.

Punishment: a 2-3 grade c ban, outcome 3 game ban.

Setimeta SA

Previous record this season. 2 match ban for dangerous contact on Chris tuson in March.

I know refer you to GODS post earlier showing the SWINGING ARM on sam tomkins in June. Makes clear contact with the jaw and nothing else. SA RECIVED NO SENDING OFF AND NO FURTHER BAN.

This in itself should be used IMO as a defence for mcilorum. Both have previous this season then both commit a very high shot that conects with the jaw of an opponent. one get sent off and 3 further matches and one get nothing at all.

Here is the SA tackle on sam tomkins, this season, in June. He recieved no punishment for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo4_Aqsv ... re=related

cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Setaimata Sa
Catalans
number 4 Catalan v Wigan

Date 09/06/1

High tackle in 32nd minute on Tomkins

Decision No charge
Details of Charge / Reason for NF Tackle is high however arm is below horizontal and initial contact is with ball. Penalty sufficient. MRP - No further action.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I have no doubt that fans of every Super League team could find examples of tackles worse than Mcllorum's on one of their players which went unpunished.
The RFL are not corrupt, but they are inept.
We cannot call for greater consistency then come out with calls for leniency because the Grand Final is only a few weeks away.
I will be very disappointed if the ban is not reduced tonight as it seems that reducing a ban on appeal has in recent times become the rule rather than the exception, which in turn raises a question mark over the judiciary process.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

georgeorwell wrote:Stop blaming everybody else, Micky is a hot head and has got his just deserts. I was sitting directly in line with the incident and imo it was a stupid act. He's let the club, his colleagues, the supporters and, more importantly, himself, down. We have lost a major asset at the very time we need all our best players available and firing on all cylinders. IDIOT :eusa17: Oh, and by the way, he completely ruined the game.

On a positive note, I thought our captain was absolutely magnificent; what a player!!!
Correct George
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

cherry.pie wrote:The Sa tackle was down to the interpretation used by the disciplinary committee and it's a CONSISTENT interpretation. It's not one that I necessarily agree with, but point of initial contact being anywhere other than directly with the neck/jaw/head generally means a player escapes a ban.

Sa swung his arm making the tackle, not by much and not aggressively and it appeared to be the usual motion players use when attempting a tackle. The reason he escaped the ban though was because the arm that made contact with Tomkins head caught him underneath the arm and hit the ball before going high.

The interpretation of that can be questionable but at least they are consistent when it comes to tackles hit the arm/shoulder first. McIlorum's did not hit the shoulder first, but had it done he'd have got a reduced ban or none at all.
As Mr. McEnroe said "You cannot be serious." Also, interesting that the Video Ref didn't seem to have any input - funny that!