Wane to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wane to go

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:Time Hampshire was given a go
Not biting meds. :wink:
Not fishing PM, It's obvious Smith isn't getting any better and Williams has had a full season so it wouldn't be like putting 2 youngsters with hardly any SL experience into the line of fire, like it would have been this season, time for a change
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Where did you get that from?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

WiganWoman1968 wrote:Where did you get that from?
IL? On Wigan TV
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:Time Hampshire was given a go
Not biting meds. :wink:
Not fishing PM, It's obvious Smith isn't getting any better and Williams has had a full season so it wouldn't be like putting 2 youngsters with hardly any SL experience into the line of fire, like it would have been this season, time for a change
There wouldn't be a faster halfback pairing in SL than those two meds.
Anthony Milford who has paired up with Ben hunt in the halves at Brisbane Broncos is only 21 and they've been a revelation for brisbane.
DONTBELIEVEITRUGBYLEAGUEIT

Post by DONTBELIEVEITRUGBYLEAGUEIT »

The match was in no way fixed, one big call going against Wigan. You get them sometimes, I saw the highlights on tv and that doesn't even make it a 100% clear knock on. The good thing to come out of it is Wigan don't have to come up against Kevin Sinfield anymore, will Leeds be the same team?

Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

cpwigan wrote:
Tuigamala wrote:I think your all very silly to be wanting Wane's head after that match. The team was very well prepared the game was played at an incredible speed, unfotunatley it looks like the game was decided by yet another bent video ref decision so you cant blame the lads or the coach for that. Ok there were a couple of poor performances but there were far more positive performances. The lads played for the shirt and the badge last night and we cant ask for more than that. Gutted not to have won but il be back when we go again next year. :D
Did you say the same last season too?

Wane has been coach too long, time for a change.
CP your missing my point plus you have your own personal agenda against Wane so leave out the sarcasm for once in your life. Bottom line is we were unlucky on Saturday and I do agree with some peoples comments about not creating much on the Leeds line which also probably contributed but neither did Leeds for huge spells in the game. Their points bar one try came off the back of bad ref and video ref decisions and mistakes. This does not credit getting rid of a manager that has got us to the grand final in great shape to be beaten by circumstances out of our control. Next year we will have a much stronger squad Leeds will have lost their heartbeat in the squad.
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

We do appear to play very dumb and clueless at times. Watched the game back and I think some points that stand out for me were.

1 - Smiths errors in the first half. Completely costly.

2 - Joel knockon and two kicks through. (Why is a 2nd rower taking kicks in a final?)

3 - Williams kick through that went over the deadball when it was maybe the 3rd tackle.

4 - Gildart rushing out of the line towards the last try and being caught in no mans land.

5 - Taking the 2 points which gave us a 4 point lead against a side that are known to play to the final whistle and who have a very very very good kicker.

Some of it comes down to inexperience (3 and 4) and some of it comes down to players not being good enough (1 and 2).

I think it comes down to game management. We do not have players that lead from the front, take control of the game, and manage the game like we should. We have the forwards to get into the arm wrestle and dominate but we do not have the kicking ability to win the possession game.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:LOL so you claim you never said the game was fixed then you sat several Leeds games were fixed :lol:

WE blew it; not the officials, US; Wigan RLFC!
When you use the word 'fixed', it means the game being decided before the kick off of the game, mostly for financial gain. What I am on about is games involving controversial decisions by match officials which have had a bearing on the final result, many like the video decision on Saturday.

There is a difference between games being fixed and games being decided by controversial decisions by match officials, many of which have involved the Leeds club.

I will have to be careful how I say things in future as you seem hell bent at times to twist what others say or mean if you don't like the comment or indeed who said it!

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The only thing that makes me a little cautious when suggesting Hampshire to 6 and Williams to 7 is experience.

With Bowen, Smith, MM, Lockers in the team we have a lot of experience in 4/5 key pivotal positions. We however still play dumb, lack composure, do not win the possession game, do not take our chances.

By removing Smith we are reducing our experience further, added to the fact Lockers is deteriorating fast.. Who is going to lead from the front and grab the game by the scruff of the neck when we need it?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I am fed up with saying that Smith is poor, I was dismayed when we signed him and he has probably had 6 good games at best.We need a centre also, Bateman is an outstanding forward but not a centre.IL has stated that Wane and Rads are the ones in charge of recruitment.If that is the case they need to recognise our shortcomings.