Flower Charged

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Rochdale Warrior

Re: Flower Charged

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

And what about Cockyne today , same ref , more dangerous , elbow , late, to the head , caused more injury , no 10mins , no red card, and people say there is no agenda against Wigan
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Flower is becoming a liability, deserves what he got, he cost us a GF win and could have lost us this game.Get rid we have plenty props.
pedro

Post by pedro »

agreed
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Don't agree.
Flower was sent off in the 2014 GF and so should Hohaia.
The match officials incompetence lost us that GF.

In the Wire game the ref saw it once and it looked dreadful.
OK on slo mo replays it doesn't appear that dangerous but he should have controlled his run and tackle better.

Flower has recently signed a four year deal, he is a very good prop and should remain at Wigan.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Don't agree.
Flower was sent off in the 2014 GF and so should Hohaia.
The match officials incompetence lost us that GF.

In the Wire game the ref saw it once and it looked dreadful.
OK on slo mo replays it doesn't appear that dangerous but he should have controlled his run and tackle better.

Flower has recently signed a four year deal, he is a very good prop and should remain at Wigan.
It comes back to first punch 10 min sin bin max, second instant red. Hohaia was never getting sent off and neither was Ben until the second punch on the floor.
Since then we've had the punch to the back of a players head when he returned (he claimed on social media he was trying to pull him back)and now this. Stat-wise he his behind the rest of the props so he'll be no loss if he goes.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Just my two penneth worth i dont think Flower has been the same player since that GF,not liabilty but has stood still and not pushed on as i thought he was going too.

Time to get rid? i dont know to be honest,he doesnt do anything wrong but he doesnt stand out either a strange one either way.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Benny is a quality player but these 'brain farts' are worrying.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:I think Benny is a quality player but these 'brain farts' are worrying.
Correct use of the phrase 'brain fart' there!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

cpwigan wrote:I think Benny is a quality player but these 'brain farts' are worrying.
Honestly I say with some bias that when they're fit Clubb and Crosby are better than Benny,that's just me.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Each to their own Fozzie. Neither is right/wrong. IMO, Benny is the cornerstone prop at Wigan. I am not a huige Clubb fan. He reminds me of Nick Du Toit back in the day in that everybody loves his wholhearted no regard for his own welfare blood and guts play but it is high risk. I hated what Benny did at Wire as I documented. For me;

FPN and Benny are our starting props, Crosby is our interchange to offer exactly what they do and Tea Bag is our impact, little bit different prop whi can even interchange in the back row. I would look at Sutton and Bretherton as props 5 and 6 which means offlioad Mossop and Clubb.

7 Props is overkill when a centre and/or winger would be a better position to strengthen.