terry newton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ancientnloyal

Re: terry newton

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think the club was sinking before Millward got here... just unfortunate he isnt a Noble to have gotten wigan out of the mess at the time of Millward... obviously people have different views - i didnt really like him but it was a hard job at the time he came.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

pie eaters posted:
I mean everybody will call us daft for even thinking he came to Wigan to do that, but surely he cannot of become that bad a coach as that overnight or a few weeks as the case maybe, i know he had better players a st helens and was there alot longer but im not having he could be that bad.

Its not just the players he brought in, but you could tell with the players on the pitch with their body language that they just was not up to playing, which must reflect what was going on , on the training pitch. The 70-0 and 75-0 drubbings was the worst and the most embarrassed thing i have seen in rugby league since i have been supporting them which is over 20 years. Walking off the terraces at Saints and Leeds was the worst feeling i have ever felt at a rugby match and Millward should never be forgiven for doing that to a great club.
Hold on a minute!! Are you actually saying both scorelines were entirely down to the coach? Even if we had no coach and a complete academy team those scores shouldn't have happened. Surely the players must take some responsibility or did Millward miss every tackle and drop every ball too?
Bear

Post by Bear »

Well Jinky, look at how much the team has turned around since we appointed Noble... You need some passion, that was one thing Millward never had.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Morph posted:
Did he bring in Dobson?
No, Noble brought Dobson in. So another thing Millward didn't do for us. I can honestly say never wanted Millward, never liked him, i'm sure his sole reason was to weaken us as much as possible. He succeeded!
Milward brought in Tomkins :lol: And started with Kevin Brown. Well i know why he did the Tomkins bit
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pie eaters posted:
Yes, but it all boils down to training techniques and set plays in training, just look at the way we were playing before and after Millwards regime, there was something seriously wrong with our general play, which is down to the coach whether it be training or the players he was brining in.
The problems in the club were started the moment Mike Gregory left after the CC final at the Millenium Stadium. Betts was out of his depth though i do think we got to the GF that season. The season after the side started to really struggle.

We got poor imports and added to the injury problems which had become and major issue at MG time and worsened after he left. We got players long term injuries both Hock and Lockers with ligament damages which were season long almost.

Then we got IM and things started okay but went catastrophic which were magnified when Faz went and IM got rid of Newton. Though i do still think Higham is the better player of the 2.

Problems as I saw under IM was that the side was no fit. Leeds game being the biggest example last season. Well in control but ran out of steam. And lost in the final quarter.

It all good in blaming techniques and set patterns but you need quality players and i do agree with previous post of youre Pie when youo said re the players IM bought in. But we had been recruting poorly for a while it just got a lot worse under IM. Wayne Mcdonald for me being the biggest joke of a long line of them. Though Lam recomended Moran.
Though it was IM who got Barrett which was a nice leaving present for us.

Since Noble has taken over recruitment has improved. I know people question Withers and Millard but Godwin wanted more money which we could not afford. So we had to get a hooker as no hooker can be excpected to play 80 minutes for most games in a season. A few games but not all. Withers is a good cover player in various areas so is an ideal and much better than a Young player whos not ready for SL.

Mrs. Leuluai

Post by Mrs. Leuluai »

i know that it sound unlikly but that really what i heard and about my spelling but i am Dyslexic and find it hard to spell so thats why some of the words dont sound write sorry. And just to say im not some little girl who watches wigan because she thinks someones fit!!!!
Matthew-Warrior

Post by Matthew-Warrior »

At the time, and still to this day really, Ian Millward's record with Saints is only Paralleled or bettered by Brian Noble's reign with Bradford. At the time Millward seemed like a good acquisition, but it showed that it just didn't work out. We have had the two most successful coaches in the super league era as head coach of our club.
Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

medlocke posted:
Why would we want Tez back, he is SH**E, just got another 3 match ban for the high tackle, re signing Tez would be a major backward step, or is it just wishfull thinking from silly little girl who only supports a team because she finks sum 1 iz fit? :lol:
He's not sh**e at all! Yeah he might be a bit rough but when he broke Sean Longs cheekbone i would have kissed his feet, given chance.
Your a bit harsh on that girl, not think?
I went to my first game when i was 3 month old and still go watching them today. And think Calderwood's georgous (hence 'sexy mark' on my shirt) but if he went i wouldn't stop supporting them. And i'm sure neither would she.
Sorry for the rant :conf: though that was a bit tight!
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

Mrs. Leuluai posted:
i know that it sound unlikly but that really what i heard and about my spelling but i am Dyslexic and find it hard to spell so thats why some of the words dont sound write sorry. And just to say im not some little girl who watches wigan because she thinks someones fit!!!!
Ignore em love :blush:
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

If Tez is so spectacular, why has every team he has played for never been succesfull while he has been there, i posed this question some time ago and there wasn't many replies :exc: